Sign in to follow this  
olspsd08

Drzewiecki Design OOM's with New York V.2

I have lowered the bars as low as possible with 0 AI traffic but i have noticed that i only get OOM's with D.D airports. I have read on posts that a lot of people are having issues with this. Any help is requested please. Thank you.

rb_banner_driver.png        ugcx_banner.png

Olisa "Ols" Achonye  

USN/USAF  

I'll load it up with MT6 and the new FSW Lear and see if i get the same thing.  So far my experience with NYC X v.2 has been nothing short of outstanding.  There is absolutely no fps hit here, but VRAM and VAS usages are pretty high.  Are you using P3D V3?

V2 has been optimized for better FPS and eliminate most OOM's but it will not eliminate all OOM's.  It may or may not be the airport scenery causing your OOM's.  There are several causes of OOM's.  Highly detailed scenery is just one cause.

Did you download and run AppCrashView to see what the faulting module was that might have caused your OOM?  Missing textures caused by a bad install can also cause this crash.  For instance, if the scenery is trying to call certain textures and they are corrupted or not there, then this could cause an OOM.

When you install addon scenery you must make sure that UAC and any anti-virus program has been disabled during the installation.  These programs were made to protect you from evil-doers and many times an anti-virus program will see false-positives in a very safe application like this scenery and not allow files to be installed or a required system registry item to be entered. 

You must also make sure FSX (or whatever program you installed this scenery) was installed in a non-default location such as C:\FSX or C:\P3Dv3 (as examples).  You must also make sure FSX or P3D is started up with Admin Privileges for ALL USERS (not just you).  You do this by going to the main FSX folder and right clicking fsx.exe and selecting Properties.  You then go to the compatibility tab and look all the way down and select Run this program as an administrator for all users.  If you use P3D, the same procedure applies except look in the P3Dv3 folder.

You stated you lowered your AI traffic but what about your other settings.  The higher the settings the faster your system will run out of VAS.  Most of the time an OOM will be fixed if you move the FSX.cfg or P3D.cfg to a temporary folder and restart the applicable program.  This procedures rids your config from any tweaks that may not be working properly.  Tweaks are really bad and should never be installed and used with computers after Sandy Bridge (IMHO).  Modern computers just do not need them and they sometimes inhibit performance that worked well with older computer systems.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

If none of these suggestions work, I would wait until the developer issues a fix.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I installed the new New York V2.0 this weekend wit the full textures. Took a flight from KPHL in the F-22 towards the new scenery. Granted I was at FL400 @ full throttle...

I saw the city start to come into focus. The buildings started to load (black boxes all) then the OOM bell, the CTD out of memory.

Reloaded the package to the Lite textures and flex from KPOU (Poughkeepsie) in a GA Cessna....no problems.

Flew around Manhattan with a couple of touch-and-go's at KEWR, MT6 running with 10% traffic settings, REX/ASN and all was fine. Some jitters after switching views but those smoothed out.

Beautiful scenery...Will explore more this week.

System:   AMD FX-9370 4.4GHz, 16G RAM, Asus Crosshair V Formula Z, MSI 1080ti STRIXI, Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit, Coolermaster Cosmos case, 1200W PSU, 1-256G Intel SSD, 4-512G Samsung 840 Pro SSDs, 1-1Tb Samsung 840 Pro SS, 6Tb+ external USB disk space, Prepar3D V4.3, All MegaSceneryEarth, REX OD, All ORBX

I had to uninstall Drzewiecki Design New York City X and the complete New York 6 airports to stop OOM in FSX. Lite Texture package still OOM, Most of the time OOM sound signal in almost all the trip from KJFK to KEWR and just almost landed FSX closes with OOM message. Expensive package ready to OOM.

Aerosoft Manhattan X delighted my fly around and the best panorama ever seen without any sign of OOM. DD going trash!

Patricio Valdes

I have it installed in FSX and P3D.  No problems.  Excellent scenery!  I also have his Washington X.  No OOM.  But that might be because I use the settings in the AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide.  Some people install tweaks thinking they will get a super performance boost but sadly they get OOM's instead.  Glad you got it fixed with the installation of Manhattan X!  I'll have to put that fix into the AVSIM CTD Guide!

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10