Sign in to follow this  
HondoLane

File Downloads

I have been unable to download any file from the Library since the server upgrades was done. Everything worked fine before the upgrade now nothing what gives ?

Hello,

What exactly is the error you receive when trying to download files?

As a general tip and based on my experience with the Library: try logging out from your Library account, clearing your browser's cookie cache and then login again and try downloading. Sometimes after server maintenance old cookies (old as in cookies created before the maintenance) cause some conflicts.

I have already done what you suggest with no luck

The message I get is " This Page Can't be Displayed " When I try to download the file

Hello,

Same for me and same window " This Page Can't be Displayed "

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Doesn't work for me either. No error message but  a status message saying "starting ftp-transfer" but nothing more happens.

I use Firefox v.41.0.2

I also tried the "try logging out, clearing you cookie cache", but that didn't work either.

I too have tried all of the suggestions noted in prior postings and the earlier instances of extended outages of the library download function. I have tried IE 11, MSN Explorer 11, Mozilla, cache clearing, log out/on to no avail. I consistently get the "This page can't be displayed" message.

Also, when I try and use GetRight to download via manually pasting in the URL I receive a response showing the filez.avsim.net server status as always "Server busy, waiting to retry...". GetRight shows a good connection to the server, but no server response, and so is further unable to search for mirror/alternative servers as it lacks a valid file size and time/date stamp to search with.

I will continue to monitor this thread. Does the AVSIM moderator for this forum know of this current instance of library download problems?

Good luck to all,

Todd