Sign in to follow this  
Bionor

NA Central Rockies and EU Norway New installers (P3Dv3)

Go grab'em from FSS!

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

Woo hoo!  Thanks for the Heads up.    I do have NOR working great in P3Dv3 from a manual install of the old installer, but I'll "do the right thing" and uninstall and go the proper path.

I really hope SAK in next!

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Installed Norway but it does take quite a large chunk of VAS. Sitting on Aerosoft ENGM v2 in the NGX or the T7 + FS2crew reboot activated takes about 3000 MB. I remember from 2.5 that it took about 3100-3200 on my rig at startup. But I'm not to worried anyway. I've seen P3D 3.0 shed VAS during flight instead of letting it build up.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Installed Norway but it does take quite a large chunk of VAS. Sitting on Aerosoft ENGM v2 in the NGX or the T7 + FS2crew reboot activated takes about 3000 MB. I remember from 2.5 that it took about 3100-3200 on my rig at startup. But I'm not to worried anyway. I've seen P3D 3.0 shed VAS during flight instead of letting it build up.

Me to with 3,1+3,2GB VAS in 2,5 but do you compare same settings as 2,5 ? I had a config file i used in 2,5 to compare with . Sometimes i take my self analyzing with higher settings in V3  :wink:

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Me to with 3,1+3,2GB VAS in 2,5 but do you compare same settings as 2,5 ? I had a config file i used in 2,5 to compare with . Sometimes i take my self analyzing with higher settings in V3  :wink:

Michael Moe

That's true, I totally forgot about that one. Yes, I am running much higher settings in v3 so it is not a fair comparison. Will do a flight from ENGM v2 to FlyTampa Copenhagen today to check. Before I installed FTX Norway I could land with 1000 MB of free VAS on high settings. I 2.5 (with Norway installed though) and low settings I always pushed the borders of OOMs.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

That's true, I totally forgot about that one. Yes, I am running much higher settings in v3 so it is not a fair comparison. Will do a flight from ENGM v2 to FlyTampa Copenhagen today to check. Before I installed FTX Norway I could land with 1000 MB of free VAS on high settings. I 2.5 (with Norway installed though) and low settings I always pushed the borders of OOMs.

Spot on +1

With out FTX Norway i have 500- mb free VAS in EKCH (ENGM-EKCH) with LOD maxed,HD2048,Autogen dense and complexity maxed out,ASN max covering ,traffic 20% AI roads 5% (including UTX2.1 roads btw)

Not possible in 2,5 for sure  :wink:

So if i add FTX Norway this might be over the top but for a flight ENGM-EKCH i dont need FTX Norway anyway

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Spot on +1

With out FTX Norway i have 500- mb free VAS in EKCH (ENGM-EKCH) with LOD maxed,HD2048,Autogen dense and complexity maxed out,ASN max covering ,traffic 20% AI roads 5% (including UTX2.1 roads btw)

Not possible in 2,5 for sure  :wink:

Michael Moe

True that! Aerosoft ENGM and FlyTampa Copenhagen are definitely my "hub" airports. 

I think I've done ENGM-EKCH like 25 times on VATSIM now. Come to think about it, necessarily need FTX Norway activated since you fly out of Norwegian territory quite quick and during takeoff you seldom have time to peak out the windows   :P In addition, the majority of flight are performed on VATSIM in the evening, meaning I can't see the ground anyway lol

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

True that! Aerosoft ENGM and FlyTampa Copenhagen are definitely my "hub" airports. 

I think I've done ENGM-EKCH like 25 times on VATSIM now. Come to think about it, necessarily need FTX Norway activated since you fly out of Norwegian territory quite quick and during takeoff you seldom have time to peak out the windows   :P In addition, the majority of flight are performed on VATSIM in the evening, meaning I can't see the ground anyway lol

Yeah , Forgot i also add OPENLCEU and Global . They do also a nice job for this short trip  :wink:

Michael moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png