Sign in to follow this  
alyseif

P3D V3 wont launch if NGX default aircraft

After installing the PMDG NGX to P3D V3 everything worked fine but I could activate the product, so I installed all of the simconect clients, after that it worked fine. I have read in order to make the NGX work properly on this V3 it has to be the the startup aircraft, here is where the problem is, when NGX is the startup aircraft the sim wont launch after the splash screen nothing happens. When I reset the cfg file it works again but NGX is not the default aircraft. How can i fix this? 

It doesn't need to be the start-up aircraft, it just needs to be the first complex aircraft loaded.

What I do is leave the default flight in place (with the default F22) and have the scenario screen load by default.  Then select the NGX, location and time and load the flight.  Works just fine for both the NGX and my other complex aircraft (which also don't like being loaded second).

• Upvote 1

After installing the PMDG NGX to P3D V3 everything worked fine but I could activate the product, so I installed all of the simconect clients, after that it worked fine. I have read in order to make the NGX work properly on this V3 it has to be the the startup aircraft, here is where the problem is, when NGX is the startup aircraft the sim wont launch after the splash screen nothing happens. When I reset the cfg file it works again but NGX is not the default aircraft. How can i fix this? 

This is correct. Please have a look at the Intro Manual. We mention in there that you should not do specifically what you're doing.

Here is some more information about common errors:

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a112/important-and-nearly-foolproof-steps-to-running-your-pmdg-product-in-prepar3d-v3.aspx

As a final note, full names are required in the forum here - first and last.

Kyle Rodgers

5/7/2017

Jeff Carlson, MN

I too am experiencing the same issue in (P3D V3 will not open) as I saved the PMDG 737 NGX as the default scenario. I found the .cfg, can you tell me what line/s need to be edited in the config and to what to get P3D to open again, and I won't do that again!

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Jeff Carlson

Resolved !   I deleted the entire .cfg, restarted P3D to the default scenario and created a new one with the PMDG 737.

Thanks,

Jeff Carlson

8 hours ago, JeffC said:

Resolved !   I deleted the entire .cfg, restarted P3D to the default scenario and created a new one with the PMDG 737.

Not quite clear on your language here, but as we state in the Intro Manual, you should not have the 737 as your default aircraft. It will cause problems.

Kyle Rodgers