Sign in to follow this  
AbdoTheEagle

FIXED: Download problem after 7-Nov-2015

Today I tried to download some files. Normally I do this from my laptop using IDM without problems.

The first file I tried to download stopped about halfway through, then resumed and downloaded ok. The second file again stopped after about 40%, but did not then resume. After about 5 minutes I received an error message which said something like:

Connection Error

500 I cannot connect to IP 198.x.x.x but only to 87.x.x.x (sorry, can't remember the exact numbers, and didn't take a screenshot of the error).

I then used my desktop computer to try to download the same file using IE11, but after clicking on Download I just got the "This page cannot be displayed" message.

If it helps, I'll try to make a screenshot of the IDM error this evening.

Hope this can be resolved - I'm an AI freak and am lost without my Avsim downloads!

Cheers

Jack

Jack Johnston

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Just test downloaded 2 files each (random choices) using, first Firefox 40.0.2 and then using IE 10. Downloaded total of four files. Running Windows 7.

Regards,

Claude Franklin

Thanks for all your replies. Our IT chaps have cast a few repair spells at the servers and all our tests are able to download normally now even via IE, so I ask you to please try again now and report your results whether you are able to download or not. Thanks in advance.

Today I tried to download some files. Normally I do this from my laptop using IDM without problems.

The first file I tried to download stopped about halfway through, then resumed and downloaded ok. The second file again stopped after about 40%, but did not then resume. After about 5 minutes I received an error message which said something like:

Connection Error

500 I cannot connect to IP 198.x.x.x but only to 87.x.x.x (sorry, can't remember the exact numbers, and didn't take a screenshot of the error).

I then used my desktop computer to try to download the same file using IE11, but after clicking on Download I just got the "This page cannot be displayed" message.

If it helps, I'll try to make a screenshot of the IDM error this evening.

Hope this can be resolved - I'm an AI freak and am lost without my Avsim downloads!

Cheers

Jack

Some changes were being carried out server-side during the hour just before your post, I kindly ask you to try again now and if you have more troubles please send us some screenshots of the errors or simply write them here.

• Upvote 1

I just tried to download and received http error 500 server in maintenance. Let us know when the server is out of maintenance and running in normal

Ken

Looks like the spell casting worked :), all is good again at my end using IDM to download.

Thanks

Jack

Jack Johnston

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Just tried to download some files I was successful in most categories EXCEPT FSX SCENERY tell the IT gurus to check it out

Ken

After all that's said an done I can now download. But I still can't get the files I want what I want is the CanMeshX series by Ben Clark some of them will download and the others give the http error 500 message From what I can see is the series was made available 11/08/2015 I think this should be addressed.

Ken

Everything is working good again. I downloaded a couple of file using Internet Explorer 11 and it worked good.

I have had problems since "upgrading" to Win 10 and the Edge browser. Today I get http 500 on any file. I would go back to IE 10, but running that is like watching paint dry in comparison to Edge. I have IDM as a download manager, but that does not even get started because of the error 500. 

Just to report other seeming failures of the library system.

I have recently tried to download a few files and received a message that "File not found". This pattern is repeated with many attempts to try again. At this moment, the failures continue (1923 UTC 11-12-15).

Here are two examples. Hope this helps.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Mike MacKuen

--------

For:  ssm-cyzf_optional_photo.zip

Response:

--

File not found

Firefox can't find the file at http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?Location=AVSIM&Proto=ftp&DLID=192695.

Check the file name for capitalization or other typing errors.

Check to see if the file was moved, renamed or deleted.

--

For:  classic_libraries_v4.zip

Response:

--

File not found

Firefox can't find the file at http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?Location=AVSIM&Proto=ftp&DLID=192640.

Check the file name for capitalization or other typing errors.

Check to see if the file was moved, renamed or deleted.

--

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Working for me again on IE8, Google Chrome, and Firefox.  Thanks to the ITs of the world for being so persevering!

You all ROCK!

Randy