Sign in to follow this  
Dazkent

which GTX 970

Hello

Am thinking about upgrading my GTX 770 2Gb card to a GTX 970 4GB one for P3D and FSX, the question i have is which one to buy as there seems to be quite a few makes, can anyone recommend which one to go for and are there ones I should avoid?

many thanks

Daz

My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/c/Dkentflyer

I've just bought the EVGA 970 FTW. Without any adjustments yet, its beating nearly all benchmarks. It is eminently overclockable apparently. Recommended.

Never had any problems with any EVGA product I have purchased. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Gotta say me too on this one - EVGA by far.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Another vote for the EVGA 970 FTW!

Lyn

I had an EVGA GTX560TI and it served me very well. EVGA was the brand I looked at as top choice for  my new system.  I however ended up chosing an MSI GTX 970 Gaming 100ME 4GB GDDR5 card. Recommended by a consultant in the Gaming/Build it Yourself department at a local MicroCenter store.  I checked it out online before following his recommendation.  

Had great reviews on three sites, the highest boost clock for the price at the time (Core 1140 Mhz and Boost 1279 Mhz), was mentioned for superior cooling, and of course SLI ready. Now 100 reviews on NewEgg with 87% 5's and another 6% 4's.  BTW, the EVGA GTX 970 FTW has just over 200 reviews on NewEgg with only 66% 5's and 16% 4's.  Not being tribal or bashing, just saying.... The reviews are easy to find yourself.  There is a significance between the two on Amazon user reviews as well.  Make sure you look up the exact models.

I paid $329 and got a $19 rebate (was $20 but I took the gift card option, which was faster fulfillment).  It has been flawless. I am very satisfied with the choice.

I did stay with EVGA for my DDR3-2400 memory, and also EVGA for my power supply. Great brand.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I myself happen to own an EVGA GTX 970 FTW. However, there is an FTW+ with ACX2.0+ version of the EVGA GTX 970 Available. I recommend it.

Júnior Silva

I have the MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4 and have had no issues whatsoever from it. The clock rates tend to be a bit higher from the factory compared to the other cards I looked at.  I am very happy with mine.

Nick Hatchel

"Sometimes, flying feels too godlike to be attained by man. Sometimes, the world from above seems too beautiful, too wonderful, too distant for human eyes to see …"
Charles A. Lindbergh, 1953

System: Custom Watercooled--Intel i7-8700k OC: 5.0 Ghz--Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7--EVGA GTX 1080ti Founders Edition--16GB TridentZ RGB DDR4--240GB SSD--460GB SSD--1TB WD Blue HDD--Windows 10--55" Sony XBR55900E TV--GoFlight VantEdge Yoke--MFG Crosswind Pedals--FSXThrottle Quattro Throttle Quadrant--Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS--TrackIR 5--VRInsight MCPii Boeing

Old card was Evga so i went for Evga with new card,  never had a day of trouble  :smile: