Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Realair Turbine Duke for v3

Thanks to Everyone at RealAir. Just a quick first impression...... As far as I can tell with just a few quick patterns, it is great! Seems much smoother in P3D v3 and of course it is beautiful to look at. Taxi behavior is much better than I remember from earlier versions. Sounds are even better than before including the engine rev. thrust and the touchdown effects seem perfect. Thanks again for all the hard work. It is a pleasure doing business with you guys because of great products and most important is the fact that unlike many of the developers, your guys don't complain, whine about your customers or LM. You just get the job done, it is usually near perfect on release and your pricing is way.... way more than fair. Thanks again Rob and all!!

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

FWIW I've installed both to the default install location and in my P3D v3 folder (not at the same time of course) and either location works fine

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks Ryan!

Lovin my TDv2 migrated to V3...

Now I am going to Adore it!!!....

If any of you are undecided,I have more than several vids on this beauty....here is one...

be sure to see in HD 1080

query...

Should't we uninstall the current TDv2 first?

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Can't say enough good things about RealAir and their planes, top notch all the way......Can't wait for the optional turbo-engine model for the Legacy....Yee haw!

Cheers

Martin 

Video is restricted as Private.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Great.  Love this plane.  Love the window rain drops.

Ahhh Chase,   come on give us access 

Thanks Ryan!

Lovin my TDv2 migrated to V3...

Now I am going to Adore it!!!....

If any of you are undecided,I have more than several vids on this beauty....here is one...

be sure to see in HD 1080

query...

Should't we uninstall the current TDv2 first?

Chas

Yes probably best to. If you have both P3d V2 and V3 you can install twice, once into each sim and the locations will be kept separate, the V3 version being installed  at a location outside the sim and the P3d V2 version installed as usual inside the sim\simobjects etc folders. The new version has a couple of additions some might find better, for example the reverse thrust now gently falls away when stowed rather than the default FSX/P3d behaviour which is to suddenly cut the sound off.

• Upvote 1

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

(...) the reverse thrust now gently falls away when stowed rather than the default FSX/P3d behaviour which is to suddenly cut the sound off.

Oh gosh. Thanks for that. I could litterally buy an other copy only for that, if I didn't have 3 children to feed.

I just happend to see if there was an update today as well and saw the V3 download on their website. Came here to post and found I was late to the party. Wohoo get to fly this beauty again. Thank you Realair. 

Are they charging us again just to have it in P3D?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Are they charging us again just to have it in P3D?

Only for the electricity that your computer uses while you download the update. It's a no cost update.

If you are upgrading from FSX to P3D yes, there is an upgrade fee. However if you already have a copy for P3D 2xx upgrading to V3.0 is a free upgrade.

Cheers

Martin

• Upvote 1

Video is restricted as Private.

Good catch!!

Changed to public now.... Shaking my head no wonder I didn't have any views on this video… What a dummy!

Sorry y'all… It works now.

Chas

Great.  Love this plane.  Love the window rain drops.

Ahhh Chase,   come on give us access

Fixed...dummy me ...had is saved as private!

Regards,

Chas

• Upvote 1

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

If you are upgrading from FSX to P3D yes, there is an upgrade fee. However if you already have a copy for P3D 2xx upgrading to V3.0 is a free upgrade.

Cheers

Martin

That is unfortunate,,,not sure why some devs feel they must wring a few more bucks out of you just because you have P3D. I work for two devs and both make planes for all versions of FSX and PD3 for one time cost. 

Thinking of dumping P3D because of all the extra cost for add ons and greedy devs.

• Upvote 1

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Paul, I dumped FSX in favor of P3D for the very reason that it was going to be too expensive to keep versions of many of my favorite add-ons in both. I get your frustration, I really do. But don't you think it's a little unfair to characterize every developer who chooses to charge for the extra work to maintain compatibility with diverging platforms as greedy? RealAir has such a quality product with a lot going on under the covers.  You can tell they have really taken their time do this right in P3D. It all just works. That's got to be worth something.

Chris