Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Realair Turbine Duke for v3

Check back in about three hours ...around 3:35 A.M. Eastern time (-5 UTC) for my first drive around Hawaii photoreal in my freshly installed RealAir Turbine Duke for P3dv3!

https://youtu.be/dTvkwlajRzU

Enjoy...See why We RAS Duke drivers bought it, and why I paid a donation of 10 bux for the Hawaii scenery...its superb!

Chas

• Upvote 1

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

That is unfortunate,,,not sure why some devs feel they must wring a few more bucks out of you just because you have P3D. I work for two devs and both make planes for all versions of FSX and PD3 for one time cost. 

Thinking of dumping P3D because of all the extra cost for add ons and greedy devs.

Dumping P3D, good plan!  That solves the problem  :smile:

As for "greedy devs"... get real!   These guys are spending lots of development time supporting an ever changing platform.  That is what you are paying for... 

• Upvote 3

Bert

I have the Turbine Duke, and love it. However, the "soon" P3D version of the other two birds has been almost a year now. My credit card is waiting, but the products seem to be stuck in the above mentioned "soon" mode.

• Upvote 1

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

That is unfortunate,,,not sure why some devs feel they must wring a few more bucks out of you just because you have P3D. I work for two devs and both make planes for all versions of FSX and PD3 for one time cost. 

Thinking of dumping P3D because of all the extra cost for add ons and greedy devs.

I assume you would charge nothing extra for all the many, many hours involved to get a sophisticated addon like the turbine Duke working in a platform very different from FSX?  :rolleyes:

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Check back in about three hours ...around 3:35 A.M. Eastern time (-5 UTC) for my first drive around Hawaii photoreal in my freshly installed RealAir Turbine Duke for P3dv3!

https://youtu.be/dTvkwlajRzU

Enjoy...See why We RAS Duke drivers bought it, and why I paid a donation of 10 bux for the Hawaii scenery...its superb!

Chas

Very good Chase thanks for posting.    The blue/Grey VC is my favourite.   

Hello Paul,

Why do you think the Duke for P3d V3 has been many months arriving? Do you think we didn't release it before because we felt like it? Or we couldn't be bothered? The Duke has a very complex config application which gives instant access, while you are flying, to many settings, panel arrangements, effects, sounds, suspension types, lighting options, gauge behaviour and more. For all of this, which takes hundreds of hours of careful coding, we charge a very low nominal fee. Many other addons, but not all, charge the WHOLE product price over again yet do not have any complicated programming to do.

At least two major developers charge a lot more than we do for the core product and then charge that amount yet again for the P3d versions. We charge a tiny fee in comparison and it certainly does not anywhere near cover our development costs. So we are not being greedy and I invite you to please withdraw your unreasonable and unfair comments. Thank you.

Rob - RealAir

• Upvote 8

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

/\ /\ /\  ....... exactly right.  We all know who the fair guys are, who adopt a reasonable approach (like RealAir), and who those milking by charging full price (or sometimes more) for the a P3D version.  There's a big difference, and we shouldn't lump all devs together in the same generalization.

Thanks RealAir, you are "true gentlemen" of this hobby and have consistantly shown great professionalism and customer care over the years.   Not to mention the fact you make stunning aircraft.  :wink:

• Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Thanks RealAir, you are "true gentlemen" of this hobby and have consistantly shown great professionalism and customer care over the years.   Not to mention the fact you make stunning aircraft.  :wink:

What Bill said ^^^

• Upvote 1

I think key to this is perhaps Paul doesn't realise the P3D version as an upgrade to the FSX - or vice versa - is ONLY 13 euros.   NOT a complete new purchase like say like certain other well known developers have made it - think tubeliners P.   Then of course you have ones that have an installer that works in FSX/P3D v2 and P3d V3,some quite complex but obviously using similar or same code - think other tubeliners AS.

But also key as Realair Rob points out, is the Duke T config coding and such that will and has to be different in the different sims.  This and some of the aircraft code has to be different for the Duke T.  For that alone it would seem 13 euros is cheap.   Same in the previous P3D v2

Even more pertinent is that this v3 version appears to be the ONLY third party payware that can be installed  compliant (if you want it to be) to the LM new recommended structure.  Kudos for that. I sympathise with Rob.

So at 13 euros extra, no problem.  I can seriously understand balking at paying all over again for an add-on where the only difference is where the installer points!  But this is not the case here.

You/we all have different views on charging for P3D versions - a bit extra, or completely new purchase same price, or certain  add-ons being charged much more for the P3D version than the FSX - on the excuse it's a professional simulator.  Some prices undoubtedly seem unjustified (but not the Duke)

Do we not think that the point has now been made?  No need to over-react, just get on with enjoying it - FS and the Duke T!

• Upvote 1

100% agree with Mike although this aircraft is so good I wouldn't have minded paying full price for the FSX to P3D transfer.

Impressive work Rob.

Dean

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

RealAir is SO good, and offers so much more than others for our money, that even for twice the price I'd still be buying everything they produce.

Calling them "greedy" was not only unfair, but offensive.

• Upvote 1

er, back on topic, can anybody tell me about using the GTN750 in the DT when it's installed in the "right" location for v3?

i.e. if Duke installed in the now default c:\RealAir   does the GTN750 configure into the Duke correctly still and work OK?

thanks

er, back on topic, can anybody tell me about using the GTN750 in the DT when it's installed in the "right" location for v3?

i.e. if Duke installed in the now default c:\RealAir   does the GTN750 configure into the Duke correctly still and work OK?

thanks

Answer is yes! I can see the concerns people have about this and other things related to installing any product outside of P3d itself. But we've got all the right config files to point to the correct locations of everything needed and these have been tested over and over again, which is partly why we didn't release this version as soon as Prepar3d V3 appeared.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

On my system F1 Tool would not find the Duke until I temporarely copied it to the Prepar3d V3 folder. I then launched F1 config tool, set up my Duke, saved, and moved the TDuke folder back to c:\realair.