Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Realair Turbine Duke for v3

Jim R, thanks, that seemed to be it  . . .

Did the legacy mode bit and it was actually worse first try - absolutely nothing.  Then reconfigured the Duke to use the default GPS and that was all OK, so it was definitely the 750, not the Duke.  Then leaving the .ini with the legacy set to one, configured again to the 750, rebooted and the clicks all worked - first in the pop-up, then while back in the panel.

Meanwhile I'd better RTFM properly

Thanks again!

Honestly folks, if you keep everything simple and follow the installer recommendations you can't really go wrong. Just a few tips. If you run P3d V2 and also have P3d V3 it is best to un-install the Duke from P3d V2 completely by using windows control panel/programs and features and un-install the Duke from the list, then double check that any rogue files are also removed. Now everything is clean. In particular you need to make sure there are no double instances of sound gauges or sound ini files which is why it is best to install on a clean system with no previous Duke Turbine files hanging around.

With a Duke-free system you can now install the P3d V3 version and optionally also re-install the P3dV2 version if you wish but you have to use the installer twice to do this. When installing to P3d V3 PLEASE follow the installer tips and let it install to a place OUTSIDE p3d itself - ie: C:\RealAir etc as directed by the installer. If you really do want to also install into the older p3D v2 you need to install again as the installer directs this time INSIDE P3d V2.

Even for P3d V2 it is best to un-install any previous version and start again, partly because there are a couple of improvements in the new T Duke, the most significant of which is better reverse thrust management and sounds.

Regarding the GTN gauges the config app will automatically find them but you must have the latest GTN version installed, which is why some are fiddling around - because I am guessing they do not have the latest version.

Almost any other issue, whether cold and dark or landing lights etc can be solved instantly by a quick reload of the Duke by using a key for the command "Vehicle Reload". That clears any orphaned variables carried over from a previous aircraft or even a previous P3d session and it takes literally 2 seconds to reload.

Regarding upgrades our website explains this in minute detail including a handy questionnaire, but I will summarise: If you have the FSX version of the T Duke V2 you can upgrade to either P3d V2 or P3d V3 for a nominal charge. If you have the V1 T Duke for FSX you either have to upgrade to the FSX V2 first or go straight for the full P3d product.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

So any word on the other products, mainly the non Turbine Duke and Legacy?  As someone else mentioned, its been showing as "Soon" for almost a year now.  Greatly looking foward to the other two aircraft arriving for P3d V3!

So any word on the other products, mainly the non Turbine Duke and Legacy?  As someone else mentioned, its been showing as "Soon" for almost a year now.  Greatly looking foward to the other two aircraft arriving for P3d V3!

Yes it has been a long time. We've had some personal stuff to contend with, and things always take much longer than intended. We're quite close now on the Legacy and the piston Duke shouldn't be too long after that.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Is anyone else getting this error message when loading a flight with the Duke?  The aircraft still loads, but the custom sounds do not work.  The only change I made to the installation was to install on my F:\ drive rather than C:\ (I kept the default path otherwise though).

I looked and the ini file mentioned is not in the directory indicated below, I copied it over from the RealAir directory but the issue persisted.

I've uninstalled the P3Dv2 Duke.

Thanks

duke%20issue_zpsnw5kbyzx.jpg

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Is anyone else getting this error message when loading a flight with the Duke?  The aircraft still loads, but the custom sounds do not work.  The only change I made to the installation was to install on my F:\ drive rather than C:\ (I kept the default path otherwise though).

I looked and the ini file mentioned is not in the directory indicated below, I copied it over from the RealAir directory but the issue persisted.

Thanks

The error is caused by having more than one instance of either the ini file or our sound gauge. Please do not copy any file over to P3d v3 folders. That will make things worse. Did you in the past try to install the Duke into P3d V3 by copying over files from somewhere else? The P3d V3 directory needs to be devoid of ANY duke files which is why the installer asks you to let it install all the Duke material OUTSIDE of P3d V3. Please have a look in your P3d subfolders. I'm guessing you might have an RAS Duke sound gauge in there (probably in the gauges folder). If you do please delete it, and any other Duke files you find there or other subfolders. 

As per the other post in this thread, LM recommends: The Duke should be installed exactly as the installer suggests, into a folder that is NOT within P3d V3. The recommended path is C\:RealAir. The installer explains this, as does the guide, and so does the website. If you install there the Duke will work, but it's important that any Duke files are cleaned out of P3d V3 itself. 

So is the Duke the first aircraft to actually follow LM's guideline about installing itself outside the program folder?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Rob, and others, for the avoidance of doubt, I had absolutely no problem with the Duke, installing as per the default into the c:\RealAir folder.  It did and does, run without problem.  With the latest 1.13 FTN it found the Duke fine and it too works fine.  The only problem was the FTN clickspots/mouse - that was entirely the FTN and solved by setting the legacy switch = 1  in the .ini as advised by Jim and it's in the FTN release notes.  Simples.

So please don't think I had a problem installing the Duke itself    -  "honestly folks".  Don't think anyone else has either?  All works fine.    Nothing to see here, move on

BTW I did as it happens check and there is, quite correctly, nothing in the P3D v3 folder whatsoever from RealAir.  Certainly the first payware to follow LM guidelines.  I, like Jim had my own setup folders outside ready anyway - have some aircraft and all AI external, and most scenery.  Of course there is considerable stuff from other 3PDs in the v3  - including the FTN! and certain other payware - and of course LM own default aircraft.  RealAir does seem to be a shining example . . .

Thanks

I had this problem too and the solution is exactly as Rob describes. Go to your F:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v3\Gauges folder and delete RASDukeTv2_Sound.GAU file.

If  you have this same file in another location, find it and delete it as well. It should work after this.

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

I had this problem too and the solution is exactly as Rob describes. Go to your F:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v3\Gauges folder and delete RASDukeTv2_Sound.GAU file.

If  you have this same file in another location, find it and delete it as well. It should work after this.

At the moment we are testing a new installer that automatically attempts to remove any double instances of the sound gauge you refered to, but of course that problem will not happen if people PLEASE just let the P3d V3 installer do its own thing!

Rob, and others, for the avoidance of doubt, I had absolutely no problem with the Duke, installing as per the default into the c:\RealAir folder.  It did and does, run without problem.  With the latest 1.13 FTN it found the Duke fine and it too works fine.  The only problem was the FTN clickspots/mouse - that was entirely the FTN and solved by setting the legacy switch = 1  in the .ini as advised by Jim and it's in the FTN release notes.  Simples.

So please don't think I had a problem installing the Duke itself    -  "honestly folks".  Don't think anyone else has either?  All works fine.    Nothing to see here, move on

BTW I did as it happens check and there is, quite correctly, nothing in the P3D v3 folder whatsoever from RealAir.  Certainly the first payware to follow LM guidelines.  I, like Jim had my own setup folders outside ready anyway - have some aircraft and all AI external, and most scenery.  Of course there is considerable stuff from other 3PDs in the v3  - including the FTN! and certain other payware - and of course LM own default aircraft.  RealAir does seem to be a shining example . . .

Hi Mike,

Thanks for that confirmation! There is not much we can do about the GTN tweak either to remove the click sounds or the legacy=1 entry as we can only install the right files for Duke integration and have no power to over-ride the actual GTN core settings, but as you say Flight 1 already has this info in their docs.

I will say there were absolutely no issues with the install. Letting the installer do its thing automatically. GTN installed nicely with no issues at all. Flying extremely well in P3Dv3! It's saves a lot of headache if you just let the installers do their thing folks!

For the record,

1. Installed latest GTN750

2. I put the Duke in my I:\Prepar3d Folder..
Absolutely no problems
My structure is :

ChasWin10 - 7 physical drives accumulated over 13 years Including 2 New SSDs

C:\ - D:\ = Standard HDD partitions...all greater than 250GB

E:\ = Blue-Ray/DVD Burner

F: - H:=Standard HDD partitions...all greater than 250GB

I:\ (& L:\) - 250GB SSD partitions for Prepar3d
..I:\prepar3d\P3dv2
..I:\prepar3d\P3DV3

J:-K: =Standard HDD partitions...all greater than 250GB

L:\  250GB SSD partition for Prepar3d scenery

M: my system 500 GB SSD drive,

N: - USBv3 External =Standard HDD partition...1TB

..133 GB Of which is Megascrnery

O: - Z: =Standard HDD partitions...all greater than 250GB

GQSz3WN.jpg

Does this Help or is it TMI?

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Thanks Rob & Jeff, turns out that I had accidentally copied the gauge file from P3Dv2 while porting over other aircraft.  I deleted the offending files and all is good, flies like a dream!

Looking forward to the Piston Duke and Legacy.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Hi! Folks,

When will we have Turbine duke P3D v3 version at simMarket?

Thanks,

Jose Luis

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

The V3 installer suggests to install in C:\RealAir

So I understand it needs to install outside of P3Dv3 folders. But does it need to be C drive because I have that drive dedicated to my OS and other drives for FS stuff. Could it be the drive on which also P3Dv3 resides but as long as it sit outside of P3D?

RobdeVries.jpg