Sign in to follow this  
tull

God........X Plane is so ahead of its time and sooooo much better than the rest

Hi Bob,

A couple of things maybe to look at;

1* Yaw dampers

2* Rudder trim

You're not the first one to mention this as there is a new thread at the .org on FF's dedicated 767 forum. You might want to keep an eye on it over there.

cheers

Thank you.  I will check those.  I know that I always have the Yaw Dampers turned on, but I usually just center my Rudder Trim before take off.  Maybe I'll try putting in some offset on my Rudder Trim to see if that will keep it on the runway. I think the real aircraft will take off with the rudder trim centered though.

Thank you for the heads up on that thread.  I'll look for it. If you have some time, maybe you can link it for me here.

Thank you,

Bob

If you use the builtin recoding, the replay bar will be hided. The downside: you don't have sound.

If you want to have sound, you have to use e.g. Fraps (in Windows). Downside: you will see the replay bar - unless you have a 16:10 monitor like me and can cut the top of the video out. Or ... even when you have a 16:9 monitor, you can crop the video on all 4 sides by a few pixels. Move the "crop mask" down until the replay bar isn't any more in the visible area.

Thanx Uwespeed for the infos, I was aware of the shortcuts to crop video but I did hope LR had thought to something easier.

Since you're an expert, do you know the best channel where to submit such a kind of request to Xplane devs. Also I noticed that taxiing is pretty hard with even light wind, I don't think turboprops would need a constant pedal pressure to go straight. But maybe it's always been this way, not had the chance to fly a lot recently adding AI aircrafts and finalizing my FSX schedule importer for World Traffic (for those interested now available in the WT sub-forum on the xp.org)

If it didn't crash after 10 minutes, it'd be a lot more usable. 

To what are you referring to here? X-Plane itself?

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

To what are you referring to here? X-Plane itself?

Indeed. Mac Pro 4,1, 16GB RAM, 240gb SSD for XP, 128gb SSD for system and regular apps. ATI Radeon 5770 graphics card. Crashes after 10-15 minutes. OK if I want to do touch and goes, but I want to do TRIPS, and it seems impossible. 

Post your log.txt file located in the X-Plane's main folder.

Mind it gets rewritten everytime you start your sim, so post it after your crash. 

Post your log.txt file located in the X-Plane's main folder.

Mind it gets rewritten everytime you start your sim, so post it after your crash. 

I will, next time I fire it up. 

If it didn't crash after 10 minutes, it'd be a lot more usable. 

Maybe a stupid question, but: Do you use the demo or the full version? 

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times