Sign in to follow this  
RKillins

CS C130 Panels

I have just recently purchased the CaptainSim C-130 X-Perience All-In-One Pack.

As I run FSX on a multi-monitor scenario using Nvidia Surround, I am no stranger to the odd situations that can arise using 2D panels with large resolutions like the 5760x1080 I'm currently running. In order to avoid the performance busting never ending spinning cursor and vanishing panel symptoms, I have become quite proficient at editing the panel files to adjust the window sizes and positions to best fit my needs while avoiding the pitfalls.

I have done a pretty thorough job thus far adjusting the 2d popup panels for the CS C-130. However, I am having issues with the Window00=Main Panel and  Window03=First Officer Panel. 

Whenever I engage these panels from the instrument panel menu, I instantly get the spinning performance busting cursor. I see no panel with gauges, just the top of a yoke in each panel. I can undock the panel with the yoke, and the window title says "WHEEL PANEL RIGHT" (which incidentally is window19 and not selectable. (I assume these windows get called upon as part of the main or first officer's panel?)

Questions:

1) what should I be seeing when I select the main or first officer's panel? The panel.cfg file would suggest there are gauges associated with these panels, but I'm not seeing them.

2) Is anyone able to suggest any technique to make these panels visible beyond just the yoke? I have tried resizing and repositioning the window as this had been successful with the other dozen or so windows.

3) I imagine whatever is on these panels can be easily substituted in the VC mode of the aircraft. If so, I may as well just not rely on these views, however, is there a way to disable them in the menu? Its far too easy to unintentionally selecting them from the menu forcing a successful flight having to be quashed due to performance loss as a result of the inadvertent application of a bad panel.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have had issues when resizing panels they go black with spinning hweel. Usualy right clicking on teh panel/window will fix it. Dont ask me why.

Sign in to follow this