Sign in to follow this  
Stormenson

AP disengage keybind!

Hello to everyone in this forums , i want to make a fast question cause i cant find the answer in the forums yet.

i want someone to tell me how can i assign a keybind for the autopilot disengage  button (ON the yoke) and not for the ap disengage (the grey bar , right next to the app button)
IN pmdg 747 keyboard commands , Inside MCP i find this . (press ap disengage ) but when i assign a button to this it dc the autopilot from the grey bar

Where i can find the keycommand for the YOKE ap disconnect button. 

pmdg 747 steam edition fsx!

Makris konstantinos!

Makris Konstantinos

You are going to be warned about this, so allow me to inform you ahead of time.  Due to PMDG's policies in this forum, they ask everyone to have first and last names displayed, either in the post thread or signature.

Autopilot can be disengaged via the 'z' key on your keyboard, although I do not think it will disengage your autothrottle.  It's been a very long time since I flew this aircraft, as it isn't P3D compatible.  I'm rather surprised you got it to work in FSX SE.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

thanks for replie , i will fix my name now,

in real flight the ap disconect in yoke does not disc the autothrottle a/t disc button is different
i just asked how to keybind the ap disconect on the yoke and not the ap disconect bar.

Makris Konstantinos

thanks for replie , i will fix my name now,

in real flight the ap disconect in yoke does not disc the autothrottle a/t disc button is different

i just asked how to keybind the ap disconect on the yoke and not the ap disconect bar.

Hi Makris,

You need to add your name to each post. Best to use the forum signature, then you won't forget.

You are right that Z is not the correct key to use. The PMDG key command you should assign is AFDS Press AP disconnect. Unfortunately the only option available for A/T disconnect is MCP A/T Arm Switch, which is not realistic. The only key bind that never seems to work properly, for me at least, is TOGA, unless you use the PMDG default of CTRL+SHIFT+G.

I'm rather surprised you got it to work in FSX SE.

-Jim

Actually, the 747 works in FSX-SE with only one minor issue, the load manager connection, which can be fixed with a simple text edit.

ki9cAAb.jpg

And there I thought at last I would find the answer to my problem, too, how to assign a PMDG key command to enable the auto-pilot disconnect. But no, I find we are told:

"The PMDG key command you should assign is AFDS Press AP disconnect".

:Doh: Really? And just what IS the assignment? The PMDG Options>Keyboard Commands is asking for a keystroke bind, and it is this key-bind combo that everyone is asking for. What do you put in the box?

Note: we are NOT asking for autothrottle disconnect information nor are we asking for TOGA information - we just want a button/key-bind combo to disconnect the auto-pilot.

The PMDG Options>Keyboard Commands is asking for a keystroke bind, and it is this key-bind combo that everyone is asking for. What do you put in the box?

You can set it to whatever you'd like. There are multiple sites online that discuss setting up keybinds.

As an example, I set the AP DISCONNECT key command to listen to CTRL+SHIFT+1 (in the PMDG Options menu). I then set up a button on my hardware to send CTRL+SHIFT+1 (you can either do this in FSUIPC or with programs that hardware often comes with).

Note: we are NOT asking for autothrottle disconnect information nor are we asking for TOGA information - we just want a button/key-bind combo to disconnect the auto-pilot.

Note that this is a community forum, and the people who have already responded had done so did so by volunteering their time to help out. A quick Google search would have given you more than enough info to act upon the information they had already provided. Makris actually did reference AT in his last post, which is why Kevin voluntarily provided the extra information for him to use. Seeing that Makris hasn't posted again since these posts back in November, I'd assume that the information was more than enough for him to act upon. I may be misreading your reasoning behind adding that there, but based on the seemingly sarcastic questions in the lines above, it looks a lot like impatience. Participation is encouraged here, but doing so politely is a requirement. I get that looking around for a while can get frustrating, particularly when, as you mentioned, you thought you'd finally have an answer, but if you need a little clarification, simply ask for a little clarification.

Kyle Rodgers

Apologies if I upset anyone, that was never the intention, and I am truly sorry if anyone took it that way. It is just that so many threads get side-tracked. Any impatience sensed is my frustration with myself at not being able to solve the problem after many weeks trying, certainly not with anyone else who offers help! I would have loved to know what key combination Makris actually used, and confirmation that he was successful.

To get back to the AP Disconnect problem: yes, I did do a multiple search (Google, other forums etc, etc) for the answer to the problem, but never found the thread directly, only by accident (maybe I am poor at selecting search tags but have never had that problem before). Also, I have tried the various key-binds offered (as in "anything you like" - :smile: ), but none of them have worked so far.

I shall continue to plod away until something works - it is very frustrating. From past experience I also know that trying something again, even though it didn't work before, can sometimes suddenly start working. Whatever else, I have not given up hope!

Hi John,

Makris asked what command to assign a key to, so that was why I answered as I did. He didn't ask me what key combination to assign, because in theory you can use anything.

To fill in the missing information, the key combination I use is CTRL+Z. As Kyle said, anything should work, and I've never had a problem with it. I use this same key combination for all my addons so it works instinctively for me.

Your problem may be to do with the timing of pressing the keys you assigned. FSX can be sensitive to this. Try assigning it to a single key (such as TAB) and see if that works. If you've already tried that then I don't know what else to suggest.

Cheers

ki9cAAb.jpg

I have decided that computers were designed to make fools of the unwary :wub:

I came back this morning, did as previous contributors recommended (and, believe me, I had tried, following the exact same instructions), and guess what? It worked!

I now have a working AP Disconnect button on my Saitek Pro Yoke - yup, that little red button on the right horn, just like I always wanted. The key binding I used (and had tried before!) was the <CTL+Shift+1>.

Thanks to all (Kevin, Kyle) who put up with my impatience and frustration, but this has been a loooooooong road.

Thanks to all (Kevin, Kyle) who put up with my impatience and frustration, but this has been a loooooooong road.

Glad to help, and glad Kevin was able to expand upon the earlier discussion.

Kyle Rodgers