Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

FS Global Real Weather For XP10

Looking for a solid & stable weather engine.

I read the original thread, but it's been out for a few weeks and want an update.

Should I buy?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Hi Jose,

If you have ever purchased FSGRW for FSX or P3D, then the software is a free upgrade to X-Plane. ;)

I've been seriously thinking about this too.  It looks like there was just an update released that stops stutters for some people.  Will this make weather in X-Plane somewhat close to what ASN does for FSX/P3D?  Where you can see weather fronts/clouds and fly into them or do you just have the same weather everywhere, as far as the eye can see?

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

There are some teething problems, stutters have been fixed by FSGRW but introduced strange bug; rudder stops working after a while and require a restart of XPX to work again only to stop working again after a while ....

Torfi

Thanks for all the responses.

I've always been a REX + ASN user. I'm trying to get a 7 day trial from developer. I know for a fact that this is something that the dev has done because I tried this weather program in the past.

I have not heard from the dev. This is why I'm asking users to share their candid experience.

Is it working better than NOAA?

well the biggest advantage is that there are no sudden weather changes anymore.

To FSGRW or not to FSGRW, that's the question. For now I'm creating my own weather inside XPX. I'd love a proper weather engine though, maybe it's time to give this one a chance. Nice to see they solved the stutters quickly, hope they can sort out the rudder issue as well.

EDIT: a dev from PILOT'S just wrote on the .org forum that they've solved the rudder issue and are compiling a new build. 

This is more good news. This is probably why there has been no response from the dev. I will need to try this before I buy it.

Thank you Stefan & FSGRW. I just received my trial serial good for 3 days.

Time to test.

Thank you Stefan & FSGRW. I just received my trial serial good for 3 days.

Time to test.

please report back and let us know how you like it. would love to hear more reviews.