Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

FS Global Real Weather For XP10

I flew twice with Build 32 and never had the rudder issue. Very strange, but glad to see this developer is so quick to support their product.

When I was using P3D, I searched for a good weather engine and tried ASN, Opus and FSGRW. They were all excellent. The thing that tipped the balance in favor of FSGRW was, it's simplicity. No fooling around, tweaking, filling out questionnaires, just the weather.

As a bonus, I get a free version for X-Plane as Pilot's weather engine works with all modern platforms (FS9 FSX P3D XPX). How good is that? :smile:

I was able to successfully set it up FSGRW and do a test flight. 

I chose KBUF-KSYR (bad weather with thunderstorms) injected the weather and could not stay on the runway. The loud thunder nearly knocked me off my seat. When I finally departed, XP 10 crashed.

I have a feeling that there's a conflict somewhere. I'm running with skymaxx pro v3 and sound maxx and the sim crashed with the freeware noaa plugin. I'll stick with default for now.

I did not like how long it takes FSGRW to load the weather, but it's easy to setup and inject the weather thanks with the readme file.

BTW: IMO nothing is easier than ASN. Downloading weather happens in seconds. I just enter ICAO and go fly. Nothing can be easier than that. If I want to, I can load a flight plan, get a briefing, and use the gauge to monitor the weather while on the air. If ASN comes to XP 10, I'll be the first one to get it.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

DJJose sounds like you have 2 programmes doing the same thing.

FSGRW and noaa plugin, I would only have one at the same time.

Trevor Golding

DJJose sounds like you have 2 programmes doing the same thing.

FSGRW and noaa plugin, I would only have one at the same time.

Negative.

NOAA was deleted prior to installing FSGRW.

You said the sim crashed with the noaa plugin though?

What does your log file say?

NOAA can't be used at the same time as FSGRW, it will conflict.....

You said the sim crashed with the noaa plugin though?

What does your log file say?

NOAA can't be used at the same time as FSGRW, it will conflict.....

I tried NOAA and my xp crashed. I then reset my computer. This means I deleted the plug in.

I tried FSGRW and it also crashed XP. I reset my computer.

Now I'm back to default weather generator along with skymaxx pro v3 and sound maxx.

I tried NOAA and my xp crashed. I then reset my computer. This means I deleted the plug in.

I tried FSGRW and it also crashed XP. I reset my computer.

Now I'm back to default weather generator along with skymaxx pro v3 and sound maxx.

Your log file will let you know what the problem is. I was using NOAA before FSGRW and neither cause crashes on my system. Worth looking into to find the culprit in your case.

I was just about to buy this and noticed one thing that made me wonder.

Fast Track (EUR 6,00) 

Registered Mail (EUR 3,00)

What is that? So you have to pay extra if you wan't to be sure you get this software?

I was just about to buy this and noticed one thing that made me wonder.

Fast Track (EUR 6,00)

Registered Mail (EUR 3,00)

What is that? So you have to pay extra if you wan't to be sure you get this software?

i think this referes if you want a physical copy of the software. Fast Track is Express afaik, and registered is so you can track the envelope at any time of the delivery. I guess in international deliveries this makes more sense.

Thank you Stefan & FSGRW. I just received my trial serial good for 3 days.

Time to test.

How did you get the trial?

I wouldn't mind a test run before shelling out $59 CDN

Richard

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

How did you get the trial?

I wouldn't mind a test run before shelling out $59 CDN

Richard

E-mail the developer and ask for a trial.

After a recent ctd, I checked the log and found that the error was caused by the plane.

E-mail the developer and ask for a trial.

After a recent ctd, I checked the log and found that the error was caused by the plane.

Thanks I just sent an email,

Would you say FSGRW is worth the price tag? 

I recently upgraded to SMP V3 and a decent weather engine seems to be the missing piece of the jigsaw puzzle

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

I'd like to defer your question to the community. I don't have enought expereince with the program.

Thanks I just sent an email,

This is a very subjective question. For me having no more instant weather changes was worth the price tag alone. If the question was, is the weather injection so much better than NOAA that it is worth the price ? I don't know.

However I see it also as an investment in future functions. Atm having a smooth weather transition is enough for me to warrant the price but like i said for some this might not be enough.