Sign in to follow this  
fluffyflops

I am having user problems, this time is the 737 ngx. [mod changed header for accuracy]

So after 3 weeks un successfully trying to get your 777 to work,  now when I try and use the 737 I now get this bundle of joy when i load up the 737 ngx

And before you try and tell me its my drivers or my .net or my direct x its not.  they are all upto date.

all the other payware products work fine, airports, addons and other payware aircraft they al work fine .  apart from both your 737 and 777 (oom hell)

heres a screenshot of what i get when i try and load up.  Basically when i load up the 737 the bar that show the scenery loading just plows to the end with out loading it and I get left with this.

I spent nearly 200 dollars on your products and they are both unusable.  Not a happy customer. 

2015_11_11_15_26_40_991.png

2015_11_11_15_27_14_34.png

14ppkc-6.png

So after 3 weeks un successfully trying to get your 777 to work,  now when I try and use the 737 I now get this bundle of joy when i load up the 737 ngx

And before you try and tell me its my drivers or my .net or my direct x its not.  they are all upto date.

all the other payware products work fine, airports, addons and other payware aircraft they al work fine .  apart from both your 737 and 777 (oom hell)

heres a screenshot of what i get when i try and load up.  Basically when i load up the 737 the bar that show the scenery loading just plows to the end with out loading it and I get left with this.

I spent nearly 200 dollars on your products and they are both unusable.  Not a happy customer. 

2015_11_11_15_26_40_991.png

2015_11_11_15_27_14_34.png

Which Flight Simm is this. I assume it is P3D v3, as the blue sky tends to load like that sometimes?

With the PMDG 737NGX, Obviously you have followed the Simmconnet proceedures? The first thing you do before running the 737 NGX product? 

The first launch of P3D v3 can produce some strange result. But the second launch should be ok.

The only other thing to remember is make sure your firewall isn't too strict.

yes ive done all of that. p3d v3. 

Try running p3d  as administrator. Also make sure, if you have other versions of p3d v2.5, make sure there are no installs of the pmdg 737NGX  there. Other than that I can't suggest anything else.  It worked fine for me with Windows 10.

I think a little prudence would dictate that we work together to troubleshoot prior to accusations about our products being shot off. The fact that you don't see this all over the forum would be a good indication that it isn't our products causing this (I can't even find similar threads by searching some of the symptoms shown in that screenshot), but we'd certainly work with you to see what might be causing this.

Sometimes, it isn't actually our products at all, and only a coincidental or indirect issue. As an example, an NTDLL error because of how hard we drive GPUs (ntdll errors are usually caused by graphics drivers, shaders, etc), or the OOM errors in FSX caused partially by the amount of a globe's worth of scenery the 777 flies over, though we don't deny that the 777 does take a decent chunk of memory in the sim.

So, instead of pointing fingers before actually sitting down to triage the situation, how about we sit down and try to figure this one out with you? There's a link in my signature.

Kyle Rodgers

Try running p3d  as administrator. Also make sure, if you have other versions of p3d v2.5, make sure there are no installs of the pmdg 737NGX  there. Other than that I can't suggest anything else.  It worked fine for me with Windows 10.

yes being run as an admin,

no other versions just 3.0

no other installs. 

I think a little prudence would dictate that we work together to troubleshoot prior to accusations about our products being shot off. The fact that you don't see this all over the forum would be a good indication that it isn't our products causing this (I can't even find similar threads by searching some of the symptoms shown in that screenshot), but we'd certainly work with you to see what might be causing this.

Sometimes, it isn't actually our products at all, and only a coincidental or indirect issue. As an example, an NTDLL error because of how hard we drive GPUs (ntdll errors are usually caused by graphics drivers, shaders, etc), or the OOM errors in FSX caused partially by the amount of a globe's worth of scenery the 777 flies over, though we don't deny that the 777 does take a decent chunk of memory in the sim.

So, instead of pointing fingers before actually sitting down to triage the situation, how about we sit down and try to figure this one out with you? There's a link in my signature.

ive done that Kyle.  Ive read 

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a112/important-and-nearly-foolproof-steps-to-running-your-pmdg-product-in-prepar3d-v3.aspx

14ppkc-6.png

That's not what I was referring to. Official support comes from the support portal, which is linked in my signature. There's a log in function at the top right to submit a ticket and have all of our support techs get visibility into your issue. The official support avenue also adds traceability to the process. A community forum like this doesn't lend well to that.

This link here links directly to the registration page, as I'm guessing you haven't done so:

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/Main/frmRegister.aspx

Register, so that we can be sure we're sending our messages to a valid email address, and then log in, submit a ticket, and one of our techs will contact you about your issue. Please be as specific as possible when submitting the ticket. Have you used any tweaks, what other add-ons you use, and so on.

Also, in reading your first post again, please note that having up to date drivers can occasionally be a bad thing. There are often cases where the latest graphics driver can cause issues. Recently, the latest version of iOS had gaping security errors. Sometimes it's worth it to wait to update things, which is why a lot of sim setup guides recommend turning Windows Update back to a setting that lets you select which updates to install.

Kyle Rodgers

The OP mentioned OOMs, is this the real problem or do you have blue screens ? How much Ram do you have ? what operating system are you using ?

PMDG aircraft use about 800,000 K, or about one fifth of the 4GB available for FSX if using 64 bit OS. The fact that only these aircraft are giving problems means that they are probably overfilling the glass of water.

You see, there is nothing wrong with the PMDG aircraft at all. People blame aircraft, scenery etc., only because things "worked" before the newest addon. When in reality it is the sum of all the goodies that finally crashes the system.

A little work on your computer is needed here for things to run fine, that is all.

uh, a quick question... you mention nearly 200 dollars... did you get P3D versions? Those would put you over 200...

• Upvote 1

This isn't an oom. I can't even get it to load. Let alone take a flight

Hang in there Pete, PMDG will get you sorted on this! i hope its a quick fix and see you back in the skys soon.

From what i can ponder, other aircraft in the Sim work fine correct? Also have u tried loading in windowed vs fullscreen?

Second perhaps reinstalling with Anti virus off see if that does anything while running the installer as admin.  

Yup same ######, I'm yet to do a successful flight with my 270 dollar purchase and I've been pedalled with the same crap about its not pmdg it's orbx and I should reinstall from scratch again. nothing about the fact their products drain VAS, these software companies are full of ######, once they've got your money they fob you off with rubbish

14ppkc-6.png

Yup same ######, I'm yet to do a successful flight with my 270 dollar purchase and I've been pedalled with the same crap about its not pmdg it's orbx and I should reinstall from scratch again. nothing about the fact their products drain VAS, these software companies are full of ######, once they've got your money they fob you off with rubbish

I have Orbx UK and the PMDG runs fine.

The trouble with the PC platform are the quirks that come with them. Unfortunatly it takes a bit of patients to fix errors on a PC, and It sounds like something isn't right with your system.

Give more info about your system.  And add-ons you run. I know that some can mess things up.  One add-on can completely destroy another sometimes.

Then people can eliminate one potential problem and narrow it down.

When you say re-install, you mean the pmdg? Did you remove the Obex scenery to see if it helped?