Sign in to follow this  
alpilotx

Guess the continent ... (PREVIEW)

Wow!! Finally good mesh for Brazil in X-PLane! Thank you so much, will check that for sure!

I'm curious which source you are using. Is it the latest SRTM?

Its still the Viewfinderpanoramas SRTM data (90m ... HD Mesh does usually not need higher res anyways). But it seems to be quite good ... (of course, for example Rio is still not super accurate at this resolution ... but neither is it bad at all ... so do not expect "uber" magic, "just" a good, decent improvement :wink: )

Beat you to it, incredible data. I see a new scenery coming soon for this ;-)

Great!  How hard would it be to use 3D models in .mdl format for various cities?  I'm currently placing 256 objects for the city of Lowell for use in FSX.   I'm not an x-plane modeller so uncertain if using fsx2xplane would be easy enough or is there something you could do with the models before placing them?

Mass has an abundance of modelled cities so I think this would be a super addition to the X-plane world...

• Upvote 1

@fscottee, can we take this discussion to either a PM or another topic, this thread is about HD Mesh :-)

This is great news!

Thank You very much again Andras for all Your effort and fantastic work!

Getting myself ready to explore South America asap!!

Great!  How hard would it be to use 3D models in .mdl format for various cities?  I'm currently placing 256 objects for the city of Lowell for use in FSX.   I'm not an x-plane modeller so uncertain if using fsx2xplane would be easy enough or is there something you could do with the models before placing them?

Mass has an abundance of modelled cities so I think this would be a super addition to the X-plane world...

@fscottee, can we take this discussion to either a PM or another topic, this thread is about HD Mesh :-)

Good luck for sorting out various technical issues!

Looking forward to some potentially major upgrades for the US as well now!

:smile:

UPDATE : I think, if things continue to unfold as planned, release might happen sometime next week :wink:

• Upvote 1

Perfect and much anticipated, Andras! Aconcagua, here I come! :smile:

Jan

Those mountains... argh...

So beautiful alpilotx!

May I ask how much your scenery (europe including) is different than the Steam scenery packs that are available as free DLCs?

The Steam DLCs are exactly(!) identical to what I call "default" in my comparison screenshots (you have to check the captions in Picasa ... in those names I call the shots either xxxxx_default or xxxxx_hd). That "default" scenery is also identical to the so call Global Scenery which always shipped with XP10 (even before steam).

Everything else, you can read about on the HD Mesh Scenery v3 download page (there is quite a bit of info about the improvements):

http://www.alpilotx.net/downloads/x-plane-10-hd-mesh-scenery-v3/

(CAUTION to new readers here: South America is still NOT release - as of now - we are just talking about it ... but the release is in progress)

• Upvote 2

Breathtaking!

A wonderful piece of work so far Andras!

Even the small loggings (which altogether are not that small at all) into the forests are included.

Not to mention all te other details.

Just WOW!!

A very realistic looking South American scenery!

Thank You very much for all the many efforts!

Cheers, Christoph

South America looks stunning when it's done right  :good:  I need some good SA airports now, in preparation for this release.