Sign in to follow this  
HHAS67

FSUIPC4 Dupe dll's?

After installing QW757 I go into FSX and I get an FSUIPC4 duplicate notification error.  After doing a Windows search and a manual search for the elusive dupilcate FSUIPC4.dll ... there isn't any duplicate.  No re-named FSUIPC.dll's - nothing. 

I'm guessing that when I installed the QW757 it wanted to install an included copy of FSUIPC4 and I stupidly allowed that install.

I checked the dll.xml and the proper FSUIPC4.dll entries are present (compared against a backup copy).

I don't know where else to look, any ideas?

Thanks & rgds to all,

Walter

Perhaps this link will help - http://forum.simflight.com/topic/80096-duplicate-file-error-message/

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks Jim,

Roger that.  I tried the simflt forun but it must have been down for some reason.  Antway, I solved the problem.  It was a duplicate FSUIPC4 log fie that caused the problem ( or seemed to).  I compared a backup module folder that I have with the currrent one and a file called FSUIPC.1.log showed up; it wasn't in my backup modules folder, so I deleted it and all is well again.  I hope this helps someone else...

Thanks agn,

Walter

I just had the error message occur on my system too.  I don't have any duplicates in my modules folder.  After I loaded my flight at KIAD, my FlightBeam airport was gone.  I thought that was strange as it was working great earlier.  So I shutdown my sim.  ASN showed the sim was still connected so I moved the ASN program over a bit and there was another copy of my sim running underneath!!  I closed that and restarted the sim and no more error message and the FlightBeam airport was there.  What I did was double click on the P3D icon.  It did not seem to load immediately so did it again.  This time the sim loaded but, under this loading was another copy loading or loaded and I did not realize that.  Normally, your sim will tell you FSX or P3D is already running but I guess I double-clicked it too fast for that to happen.

So another solution.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Just to add since I had this problem too.. One day I started FS9 to do some gauge programming specifically for FS9 and then went over to FSX after closing FS9 & got the error. While FS9 wasn't running as a program (allowing FSX to start) it still had some processes still alive showing via task manager. The process and/or part of the process still had FSUIPC loaded hence the error. I did a process kill but a reboot would do the same.  -Fixed... Why FS9 didn't unload fully? No clue, don't care too much.

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

It was a duplicate FSUIPC4 log fie that caused the problem ( or seemed to).  I compared a backup module folder that I have with the currrent one and a file called FSUIPC.1.log showed up; it wasn't in my backup modules folder, so I deleted it and all is well again.

Must have been a coincidence. The Log named that way is produced when you press "New Log" in the Logging tab. It's to keep the log up to the point you press "New Log" because otherwise that data would be lost.

The usual reason for a "duplicate" FSUIPC being detected is that another session of FS has not been closed. Maybe the Window has closed, but something is keeping it running as a process. Use Task Manager to locate it and terminate it.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Pete,

I figured that log file guess of mine may have been a coincidence.  I did leave task mgr open while trying to run FSX to see if there was something running that would indicate a second incidence of FSUIPC4 running; there wasn't - that I could tell - no 2nd instance of FSX.  I also cold booted and it still happened.  The only way I could get through without the dupe error was to re-run the FSUIPC.exe and that was after I uninstalled the QW757 and all its remnants.

I haven't tried re-running the FSUIPC.exe with the QW757 still installed. 

My FSUIPC4 is a paid version, if that matters.