Sign in to follow this  
DWadsworth

Program Pin Error / Pro ATC/X

I've reviewed the previous discussions on this, but cannot get the FMC to accept departure SID or arrival STAR without receiving this error.  I have reinstalled the aircraft, and have tried long press menu button.  Pro ATC/X is running on a client machine. This all works perfectly with PMDG 777.

Pro ATC/X version 1.7.2.0.

PMDG 737NGX P3D v 1.14

P3D v.3

Flight KHOU to KDAL.

Are there any particular logs or other files that might help?

Dave Wadsworth
i9 13900K 5.5Ghz 64G DDR6000 nVidia 4090 
Win 11 22H2 Pro P3DV5.4 ASP/ASCA Pilot2ATC FS2Crew/TIR5/CP

This is no help to you but I have randomly had this error even if I'm not running proatc so it isn't necessarily caused by that program. I have to reload to get it working again.

Chris

The PIN error reports started appearing on the ProATC forum only after users had updated to the latest NGX version. ProATC's NGX export hasn't been changed in the meanwhile and it works for the old NGX version (which is why I haven't updated my NGX).

No issues here  using  the updated  ngx

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

No issues here  using  the updated  ngx

This reminds me, that I wasn't specific enough. What I should have said:

Not all users are affected (new or old NGX version users), but all of the users who get the pin error (5-10 so far), are using the latest NGX version.

The problem is completely reproducible for me:  the ProATC route is KHOU DCT LOA DCT DONIE DCT YEAGR KDAL  SID LOA9 STAR YEAGR2, no transitions.  I load the CO ROUTE and the legs show up as expected.  As soon as I try to add the SID, I get the Program Pin Error.  Manually adding the route works correctly.

Dave Wadsworth
i9 13900K 5.5Ghz 64G DDR6000 nVidia 4090 
Win 11 22H2 Pro P3DV5.4 ASP/ASCA Pilot2ATC FS2Crew/TIR5/CP

This is no help to you but I have randomly had this error even if I'm not running proatc so it isn't necessarily caused by that program. I have to reload to get it working again.

Chris

Thanks Chris, it is of help in that the issue does not appear to be ProATC specific, I cannot reproduce the problem at all whilst using the ATC program generated company route.

There is however an issue that if you load the enroute winds BEFORE entering the arrival STAR & RWY the NGX FMC will lockup and an error logged. This is totally reproducible and on an open PMDG ticket.

Solution for that problem is load the departure/arrival information prior to the wind entries. Is there any relation between the problems encountered, your guess as good as mine but there were no issues reported regarding ProATC prior to SP1D and neither did the wind entries cause the FMC to fall over without an arrival set.

Would be nice to have a statement from PMDG. I have this error also sometimes, and it´s very anoying. In my case i have the erorr just with flightplans from Pro-ATC X but now i see that at least one person had this error without pro atc.

Even if PMDG doesn´t think that it´s a error from the FMC programation would it be helpfull to explain when and why the fmc shows this error, it must have any reason.

With this information can the developer of flightplan-tools work.

Best Regards

Christian Schultz

Page 10.60.17 FCOM2. FMC connector wire is incorrect. Advise maintenance. FMC is unusable and the message can't be cleared. HaHa.

but now i see that at least one person had this error without pro atc.

In all seriousness I had a pin error several years ago on a KDFW-KLAX flight. Originally I set up a SEAVU2/ILS25L for the arrival. In the FMC I changed it to RIIVR2/ILS24R with PGS as the transition. In then realized that the route took me to TNP as the transition. So I changed back to SEAVU2/ILS25L. I had executed after each change without completely getting rid of the prior STAR/Runway Approach. The FMC had two partial STARS and a complete STAR in it along with a load of discontinuity's . After the last execute the mouse went from a pointer to an hour glass. I received the pin error message and that was the end of the flight. I believe the FMC had too much junk in it which should have been cleaned out prior to each execution.

No problems here with me.  I entered the SID LOA9 and no problem.  Did not try it on the other end with the STAR yet but will report back IF there is an issue.  I have the latest PMDG737 for P3Dv3 and ProATC-X.  It might be the NAV data.  I have the latest AIRAC data from Navagraph for ProATC-X and the PMDG aircraft.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I only see this error after messing around with the route way to much, loading multiple STARS and SIDS, and after re-using a saved flight panel state too much. Michael is right, too much junk builds up, and PMDG went as far as to simulate the actual FMC failure for when something like this happens! :smile:

Try not to use saved flights too much, the saved panel states are prone to corrupting themselves. The PMDG default states, or your own saved via the FMC, are a better option.

PMDG used this error message to note that something wrong is going in the internal programming instead of a non-descript error box.

If it's reproducible, log a ticket. PMDG can see if it's a bug in their programming or in source data.

If it's reproducible, log a ticket. PMDG can see if it's a bug in their programming or in source data.

I don't think it is can be reproduced on a consistent basis. One time in 4 1/2 years plus it was an operator error.

According to this, it is: 

The problem is completely reproducible for me:  the ProATC route is KHOU DCT LOA DCT DONIE DCT YEAGR KDAL  SID LOA9 STAR YEAGR2, no transitions.  I load the CO ROUTE and the legs show up as expected.  As soon as I try to add the SID, I get the Program Pin Error.  Manually adding the route works correctly.