Sign in to follow this  
DWadsworth

Program Pin Error / Pro ATC/X

Latest update, reinstalled P3D and PMDG 737NGX and the problem has gone away.   Additionally, I ran sfc /scannow and corrected a problem with openCL.dll.  Not sure which of the three things fixed the problem.

Dave Wadsworth
i9 13900K 5.5Ghz 64G DDR6000 nVidia 4090 
Win 11 22H2 Pro P3DV5.4 ASP/ASCA Pilot2ATC FS2Crew/TIR5/CP

I had the same issue and despite ending the flight and logging out of ProAtc and FSX and then re-starting the computer, I kept getting the same message on the FMC when I started to add the arrival information. For some strange reason, after I had updated the latest Nav Data into PMDG and ProAtc, the problem disappeared and hasn't returned. That was 3 months ago.

For what it's worth. 

I was suffering from the same frustrating issue...frequent Program PIN errors in the PMDG 737 FMS after loading a CO ROUTE generated by ProATC/X, and then trying to select runways and/or SIDs/STARS on the FMS.

One thing that worked for me was to restore my latest AIRAC data using the Navigraph FMS Data Manager app (even though I had previously installed this AIRAC cycle in all my relevant add-ons - both ProATC/X and PMDG 737).   After restoring this data in all my add-ons and going through the recommended ProATC/X steps for a new AIRAC set, the Program PIN errors stopped.  At least for now.

Been wrestling with this Pin Error problem. Here's where I am at in case it helps ... I have latest NGX fully updated, latest AIRAC cycle 1608, and latest PATC. All as it should be.

I get the Pin Error in the approach in this case from NZAA to NZWN when I go to select Arrival Rwy and Star. The NGX is flying a PATC generated FPL. I am forced to manually configure my ILS runway of choice and continue sans ATC.

I then decided to cut PATC out of the mix and entered my route manually into the the FMC. Similar but using mainly different waypoints. In this case it all goes normally and a good time was had by all.

I am left wondering what is it with PATC? It received the same AIRAC update at the same time as PMDG via the Navigraph Data Mngr. I feel I have narrowed the problem at least in my case. I certainly want to go on using PATC, so I'll carry on fiddling and report in the case of any breakthroughs :0)

Gareth Wilkinson

LEAL