Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Topic subscription not working and fewer features

In the last few months a few features have been removed from the forums presumably for performance reasons.

These are:-

• Topics you have contributed to no longer available.
  • Topic starter no longer identified
  • Not advised when new post made to a subscribed topic.

On that last point here's an example, I posted a comment at 17:56GMT and the next post was timed at 18:41GMT. There were 5 further replies but I haven't had an email for any of them. And yes, I have checked my spam folder.

All this means it's becoming difficult to keep track of what topics I have posted in. The most useful feature was seeing a list of topics I've contributed to as I could see at-a-glance if there were any new posts.

Is there any chance this feature could be made available to users again please? Trying to keep up with things is very trying.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Yes I miss the "Topics I participated in" as well. I've got used to the new way but would much rather the old way.

I brought back the "Topics I've Participated In" hook.  Regarding the notifications, I've "followed" this post to see if I get any e-mails notifying of a reply.  I have been receiving notifications of replies, so not sure why you aren't getting any.  When you follow a topic you have options of how often you're notified (instantly, only when not online, daily, weekly).  Are you certain you have chosen the desired time frame?

• Upvote 3

Thanks Chase for bringing back the topics participated in feature. :smile:

I didn't receive an email for the replies on this topic either. I checked my settings and notification was set to offline for some odd reason. I've changed it to immediate. Hopefully that will fix things but having topics participated back is very helpful.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Good stuff. Great to be able to view both screens again at once,  although i was getting used to the old way as well  :smile: