Sign in to follow this  
gpf3m

Any recommendations to improve fps with ORBX Northern California

The San Fran bay area is very nicly depicted in ORBX NCA.  However, when flying over this area my system falls to it's knees.  Is there a way to increase FPS and smoothness in this area or am I just out of luck.

I am running Prepar3d V3.0

Computer specs:

i7-4820K @3.7 OC to 4.2

24Gig mem

GTX 980TI 6 GB

hmm, and I thought I should upgrade to P3D v3 and reap the benefits.  I have disabled all ORBX sceneries in P3D 2.5 for now, because the stutters were just too much.  Sorry not much helps here.  May be you can try what Bert suggested.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Reducing settings does not help much.  I have also tried the de-activating of the marinas and the cranes.  This too does not help much. 

I have the same issue with Palm Springs.  Just unusable, to much stuttering.  Other Orbx sceneries I have are fine, such as Sedona, Orcas Island, Monterey, PNW, Central Rockies, Pacific Fjords, Northern Rockies.

Un-check the WINDMILLS bullet, on the Configure Menu for Northern California, and if you need more...the Boats and Marinas bullet as well.  Those two are bad-boys for FPS.  I would leave though, Boats and Marinas on...if you can.  A real boost to area immersion and 'feel'.

Ses

I have the same issue with Palm Springs.  Just unusable, to much stuttering.  Other Orbx sceneries I have are fine, such as Sedona, Orcas Island, Monterey, PNW, Central Rockies, Pacific Fjords, Northern Rockies.

It's the windmill farm to the north that can kill FPS at the airport.

I have tried with no windfarms, no marinas, no harbor objects, and still it stutters badly.

I have tried with no windfarms, no marinas, no harbor objects, and still it stutters badly.

Then here's what I would do. Buy O & O's Defrag v19.0 and THAT will do wonders for all your sims.  Set up STEALTH to run just after your BIO loads, and before even Windows loads in.  It runs every time I start my system, and tunes day-to-day. I wouldn't leave home without it....

I have a SSD so a defrag is not good for it, nor probably necessary.  Thank you for the input.

• Upvote 2

I have a SSD so a defrag is not good for it, nor probably necessary.  Thank you for the input.

Agreed

Bert

If you have FB KSFO you should add this section into your p3d.cfg

[FSDREAMTEAM]
AntiPopUp=21
ViewOptimization=1
AltitudeCull=1
GroundTraffic=1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Has anyone installed NCA with Flightbeams KSFO and started the sim with the 777 in KSO?  FPS drop?

I want to get rid of regions but the airport loses its buildings without  the regions... That sucks. I wish airports could be standalone.

I am thinking of removing ORBX airports and regions completely and leave it to just the PNW for GA low altitude flying.  And some specialized airports like Sedona, PSP maybe ok. 

Remove Australia and other regions completely so I don't have a single digit FPS unflyable area for Airliners.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Yes, there are trade-offs to be made... for sure.  (Always has been this way..)

From my personal experience, only a solid hardware upgrade helps in these cases :wink:

Bert

Yes, there are trade-offs to be made... for sure.  (Always has been this way..)

From my personal experience, only a solid hardware upgrade helps in these cases :wink:

I agree with Bert here.  Everyone makes trade-offs to some extent, but in the end it depends on your hardware setup and getting the most performance for your $$.  If you want decent performance at a known performance hog like KSFO and flying jetliners to boot, you need to put up the cash.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"