Sign in to follow this  
gpf3m

Any recommendations to improve fps with ORBX Northern California

Has anyone installed NCA with Flightbeams KSFO and started the sim with the 777 in KSO?  FPS drop?

I want to get rid of regions but the airport loses its buildings without  the regions... That sucks. I wish airports could be standalone.

I am thinking of removing ORBX airports and regions completely and leave it to just the PNW for GA low altitude flying.  And some specialized airports like Sedona, PSP maybe ok. 

Remove Australia and other regions completely so I don't have a single digit FPS unflyable area for Airliners.

Try using UTX USA 2.1.  It will give you the surroundings without killing your FPS.  Also since it's Flight1, you can ask for refund.  In general if you use complex airliners forget ORBX.  

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

There is a simple rule of thumb to follow which always works:

Only apply Orbx full-fat regions when flying GA or smaller aircraft from small airports.  

Apply FTX Global when flying complex aircraft from larger 3rd party airports.  You don't need the regional detail when flying an airliner.

• Upvote 4

Only apply Orbx full-fat regions when flying GA or smaller aircraft from small airports.  

Apply FTX Global when flying complex aircraft from larger 3rd party airports.  You don't need the regional detail when flying an airliner.

+1.  I couldn't agree more.  This simple rule should be #1 on the list of "Don't Forgets" when simming.

Stew

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Very good Erich

When i started with P3D, i bought Global + Vector+ LC Europe then i bought England Ireland Norway and Scotland.    Now i only Install the Regions,  for me anyway this makes sense as my style of flying is low and slow in my little planes and fast and low in my fighters 

I fly GA almost entirely.  I have a stupid question.  How do you deactivate Global.  I assume you de activate the regions in the scenery library

Global does not impact performance, so no need.

Bert

The San Fran bay area is very nicly depicted in ORBX NCA.  However, when flying over this area my system falls to it's knees.  Is there a way to increase FPS and smoothness in this area or am I just out of luck.

I am running Prepar3d V3.0

Computer specs:

i7-4820K @3.7 OC to 4.2

24Gig mem

GTX 980TI 6 GB

It is not normal that you do not get a flyable framerate over NCA Bay Area, specially after cleaning it up from marinas and cranes. I do with a similar if not slightly weaker configuration. You may have pushed the sliders maybe a little too much to the right. I suspect, as you also have that kind problem over PSP, that it may come from too dense an air traffic (SFO or LAX for PSP).  It really can kill the fluidity after a certain level (using MTX6).

You do not deactivate Global which has replaced your default textures. It is only running  outside of NCA anyway if you have both.

You don't need the regional detail when flying an airliner.

What kind  airliner do you fly ? One which hovers over its destination airport at FL 350 and descend vertically ? Mine fly quite a bit at  less than 15K feet during descend and approach and I enjoy very much the slowly emerging details of a fat region...

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I fly GA almost entirely. I have a stupid question. How do you deactivate Global. I assume you de activate the regions in the scenery library

You can't deactivate Global since it replaces the default ground textures. If you could deactivate it then you essentially wouldn't have any ground textures and just a black sheet for the land mass.

Plus as Bert said, it wouldn't make any difference in performance. The Global grpund textures are the same size as the default and don't make any difference in performance. The only thing concerning the ground that will make a difference is lowering autogen.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Good avice and the reason I didnt get it. Blue sky scenery make a great free photo scenery for that area when flying tubes

ZORAN

With his rig he should be getting at least okay and flyable.  I fly the Turbine Duke with NCA and FB KSFO and it does pretty okay with a GTX970. What kind of traffic are you using?  What AA?  (I use DSR instead of loads of AA.)

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Older thread, but i posted a similar question, though related to aerosoft recently.  The combination is a fps killer to some extent, though i found some aerosoft tweaks to make it better, but disabling wind farm bgls and such didnt make a big change, disabling orbx scenery for nca raises it up about 15 fps.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking: