Sign in to follow this  
rafikihd

FSDT KFLL

Hey Guys,

Well I´m having this issue, it turns out that FSDT is not doing any updates for FS9 users anymore (Which its unfair for me cause we also payed money for it, but anyways) since 2013 KFLL changed its runways numbers due to magnetic variation, I wanted to know, since there´s no update, if any of you, by any chance, have an updated AFCAD that can share with us which includes the new runway numbers.

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

Rafa

SIM: P3DV5.3 CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.0GHz GPU: GTX1060 6GB  OS: Windows 10 64Bits RAM: XPG DDR3 1600 16GB (2x 8GB) Display: Samsung LC27JG50QQLXZX 27´

The new runway numbers would have to be changed by editing the bitmap that displays the numbers since they use custom ground polys for them and not the default runway textures. Of course, you can manually change the runway number using an AFCAD editor, but it will not make any visible graphic changes due to the reason I explained above. However, ATC will recognize the new numbers if you edit the AFCAD.

So, if your handy with Photoshop you could open the bitmap texture and try painting your own new numbers, or open a thread in the FSDT forum in the appropriate section for the FS9 version of that scenery and ask Umberto if they could provide you a new bitmap with the new numbers painted on. Of course you will also need new taxiway number bitmaps as well.

When they said they would not be updating it, this may fit into something they could update due to the fact that it wouldn't be much work, but unless you ask them, you will never know.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hello Cmpbellsjc,

Well, I gotta be honest im not that handy with photoshop, so I dont wanna risk it and mess up with the wrong textures or something, Im gonna write an e-mail to FSDT support and see what they can do to help.

Thanks Anyways,

Regards,

Rafa

SIM: P3DV5.3 CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.0GHz GPU: GTX1060 6GB  OS: Windows 10 64Bits RAM: XPG DDR3 1600 16GB (2x 8GB) Display: Samsung LC27JG50QQLXZX 27´

Hello Cmpbellsjc,

Well, I gotta be honest im not that handy with photoshop, so I dont wanna risk it and mess up with the wrong textures or something, Im gonna write an e-mail to FSDT support and see what they can do to help.

Thanks Anyways,

Regards,

Rafa

Yeah, I'm not much of an artist for doing things like that either and it would probably look like a kids crayon drawing, however all you need to do is make a backup of the texture before you start and if you mess it uo, just revert back to the backup. Although asking Umberto would be a good start.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I don't have the scenery, but if you'd send the textures i could do it.

Problem is FSDT probably wouldn't let us upload that "fix" to the library.

I don't have the scenery, but if you'd send the textures i could do it.

Problem is FSDT probably wouldn't let us upload that "fix" to the library.

Hey Skinner,

Thanks for your help, well yeah you got a point there, although since there´s no longer support for FS9 users (which I´d say it again its kinda unfair for me, cause, again, we paid for the add-on) I´d think we´d be able to do it, but the thing is that theres a lot of textures to work on (as cmpbellsjc said) its not only the runway, but the runway signs also. 

..... since there´s no longer support for FS9 users (which I´d say it again its kinda unfair for me, cause, again, we paid for the add-on) ......

Hey ..... I feel your pain and frustration ..... I paid for Windows XP and low and behold ..... they dumped me by not supporting me anymore awhile back.  Can you believe?  Seems kinda unfair for me, don't you think.?

• Upvote 1

Hey ..... I feel your pain and frustration ..... I paid for Windows XP and low and behold ..... they dumped me by not supporting me anymore awhile back.  Can you believe?  Seems kinda unfair for me, don't you think.?

I got you,

I totally agree with you, thats what im talking about, I mean if it was free I´ll understand, but we paid for it!

I got you,

I totally agree with you, thats what im talking about, I mean if it was free I´ll understand, but we paid for it!

I don't think you "got me".  You missed the point ..... there is NO lifetime guarantee on software.  Time marches on ..... sorry.

Well, I read you wrong,

But even though time rolls on, Im still the one who paid the check for it... its pretty much like having an old car even though its old you still expect to find spare parts or someone who fix it if it gets broken, what happened to "The customer´s always right".....

Well, I read you wrong,

But even though time rolls on, Im still the one who paid the check for it... its pretty much like having an old car even though its old you still expect to find spare parts or someone who fix it if it gets broken, what happened to "The customer´s always right".....

I think you misunderstand the type of support you are after. If your KFLL installation was not working, or there was a problem with the software, I believe that FSDT would help you and provide support, however, you are asking for the product to be "upgraded" to match current real-world conditions, and there is no obligation for the developer to do that.

Graeme Butler

>> its pretty much like having an old car even though its old you still expect to find spare parts or someone who fix it if it gets broken, what happened to "The customer´s always right".....<<  Sure, my Model T is broken and my Ford dealer can't/won't fix it.  Your statement is absurd and clearly shows the customer is not always right.

DJ

There are more changes at FLL than the rwy numbers. They also extended the south runway 4000 additional feet or so, plus a bunch of taxiways. These items ride over Federal Hwy. (the main road). They also eliminated the diagonal runway (used to be 13-31).

Don