Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

This Addon Has Revolutionised My Sim

It's called FSiPanel. If you already know it, then fine, you don't need to read any further, but......

I know this software isn't new. I think its been available for about a year now, but having been away from my PC for six months over the summer, it managed to completely pass me by.  I only dropped on it by accident while watching one of 'Froogle's' videos.

I also know there's something similar from another developer, called Instant Approach. This one though, works just about all the sims, including P3Dv3, which I'm sure the other is not.

I've always hated the way its been a real pain to practice procedures in high end addon aircraft. I would often find myself having to do a complete flight, just to practice a missed approach, or shoot an ILS for example.  The developer has obviously gone to great lengths, to make sure these fidelity aircraft are FULLY AND CORRECTLY loaded and configured, into the sim, anywhere you want, without the sim or the addon aircraft having a bloody hissy fit!!!!

I'm not going to go into any more detail about what it does, as there are plenty of vids and reviews. Besides, I don't believe I could do it justice.

Ok so its not the cheapest addon in the world, at just under $45USD, but what it can do is simply brilliant IMO. Besides, with it being available at Flight1, if you don't like it, you're guaranteed a full refund, no questions asked.  I bought it thinking that's what I'd probably do, but there's no way I'm returning it.  Like the title says, it's revolutionised my sim.

Most here know me well enough. I have nothing to do with ANY developer or vendor.  I simply love what this piece of kit does.  What's more, from both my own experience, and everyone I've spoken with about it, the support AND ongoing development is outstanding.

I did find the GUI a little strange to start with, but the manual is excellent, and had I read it 'properly' to start with, instead of doing my usual thing of just diving in, I would've sailed through it.

Unless I'm looking for help from you guys, then it's pretty rare I come on here unprompted for something like this, but this software has revitalised my enthusiasm for simming.

Seriously guys, if you haven't tried it, then give it a go.

www.fsipanel.com

I'm with you Dougal, it's an amazing piece of software - plenty of youtube vids out there (and on the author's web site) for those who haven't seen it. The "set weather function" (press a button for CAVOK - CAT1-CAT11-CAT111 - or set up the weather to your requirements), is quick and easy - the failures programming is great for those "V1 cuts", and the GA VFR community is fully catered for too -  

There's something for everyone - worth a visit to the website.

Eugene

Just checked out one of the videos on their web site. They flew an approach . Looked absolutely flawless. Greased the landing. 

If you are into heavy metal, Its the 'turbine's roar'

I fly mostly F1 Mustang or their B200, with an occasional hop in the RA Royal Duke V2

Any development plans in that area? 

... This one though, works just about all the sims, including P3Dv3, ...

If anybody is using this in P3d V3, I have a question for you. If aircraft are installed outside the P3d folder (like LM recommends) does the app still find the aircraft properly? The reason that I am asking is that the RealAir Turbine Duke installer defaults to installing the aircraft outside the P3d main folder location. I could still potentially use this app for the A2A and PMDG aircraft that are installed in the "non-recommended" location by default, but I am just wondering about the Turbine Duke.

If anybody is using this in P3d V3, I have a question for you. If aircraft are installed outside the P3d folder (like LM recommends) does the app still find the aircraft properly? The reason that I am asking is that the RealAir Turbine Duke installer defaults to installing the aircraft outside the P3d main folder location. I could still potentially use this app for the A2A and PMDG aircraft that are installed in the "non-recommended" location by default, but I am just wondering about the Turbine Duke.

Are you sure LM aren't just referring to Scenery addons being outside the sim folder?

I have 12 payware and 17 freeware aircraft installed in P3Dv3 in the normal way. I have no issues whatsoever.

Hey Dougal, have you used this in FSX-SE with the PMDG NGX??

Hi Dutch

Having only just got FSX-SE reinstalled, no I haven't. I have used it numerous times now with the NGX in P3D though. Works great!

Hey Dougal, have you used this in FSX-SE with the PMDG NGX??

I imagine it would be the same as instant approach where the plane free falls until the timer hits zero and the systems kick in

ZORAN

Are you sure LM aren't just referring to Scenery addons being outside the sim folder?

I have 12 payware and 17 freeware aircraft installed in P3Dv3 in the normal way. I have no issues whatsoever.

If you read LM's guidance to developers, it applies to all addons.

As to my original question, the developer posted a hot fix which allows the Turbine Duke to work with Fsipanel and P3d V3.

I imagine it would be the same as instant approach where the plane free falls until the timer hits zero and the systems kick in

Then you imagine wrong. Go check out the videos...

Phil, at this juncture those are L-M's "recommendations..." They are not requirements yet. However, it does behoove all developers to jump into this method as soon as possible, as it just might become a requirement.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Phil, at this juncture those are L-M's "recommendations..." They are not requirements yet. However, it does behoove all developers to jump into this method as soon as possible, as it just might become a requirement.

Hello Bill. Hope you and yours are well.