Sign in to follow this  
Guest JustanotherPilot

Forum 'snippets' missing from front page.

Guest JustanotherPilot

What happened to the forum snippets that used to appear on the right side of the page. This was a handy feature to quickly get a look at what topics had been posted so that relevant listings could be followed up on. I visit avsim several times daily and this quick reference allowed me to look at a topic of interest, and contribute where possible I don't have the time or inclination to visit the Forum sections each visit and scroll through the plethora of topics available. The space used by these snippets is now occupied by 'community gallery' - although a nice feature not essential.

Please tell me the removal of the 'forum snippets' is an over-site by the webmaster and not a permanent event.

Yes, those do seem to have gone missing and the page layouts still need work - the "community gallery" seems to wander around and under the text layout, in various sizes. It, at the moment, has settled for lurking on the right of the page in the correct size, but that will change when you navigate to a different page.  Using IE11...

DJ

I came here to make the very same comment the OP did. I panicked about a week ago when I thought they were gone, however they had only moved from the left side of the page to the right. Today they do not seem to be there...OK I feel the anxiety setting in :>)

I visit Avsim multiple times a day just to check the forum snippets (as the OP calls them) and get a quick overview  on what is happening and what people are discussing. Hope to see them back very soon. Thanks.

• Upvote 1

Just wanted to +1 this, please don't remove them from the front page, they're very handy to quickly go through active topics.

Instead of posting +1 why don't people use the green  'Like' button? :wink:

• Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hey everyone, yeah, sorry about that... We added the feature back on the main forum page that shows you the topics you've participated in as well as recent topics.  I figured it was redundant to have another set of "recent topics" showing the same info on the right column.  After realizing it was helpful to have it site-wide, I put it back.

AVSIM's getting better all the time thanks to your feedback.

• Upvote 3

Very good Chase  :smile:    

I see the Like button has been removed for people to Vote up there own posts.   This got my little bean can head thinking  :Drooling:  :Thinking:     If the Like button option "all of a sudden" by "accident on purpose" went faulty and actually showed you's been Liking posts,  i would be very interested to know, for research purposes of course, who had been Voting up there own posts  :Shame On You:

Is this childish of me :smile:   Yes, but it would be fun    

• Upvote 1