Sign in to follow this  
737_800

Africa freeware sceneries

Hi,

I am just wondering whether there are some more or less detailed freeware airport around from Africa. I am aware of google and certain sites to look for, however, I don't wanna try every single file. Africe is actually a pretty interesting continent to explore. But default airport are boring.

Any particular airport that you are looking for?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I think you can cover South Africa pretty well with all kinds of airport and terrain sceneries.

http://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx/southafrica.html

Just click the links, log into the respective site's library and look at the download size of the respective scenery to get a rough estimation of the amount of detials it has.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Actually everything that is flown by Turkish Airlines. I'm considering buying LTBA from taxi2gate, because they've a promotion. Since THY has a expanded route to the african continent, I was wondering if our flightsimming community provides some nice freeware airport. They are flying e.g into:

• Sudan (KRT/HSSS)
  • Nairobi Kenya (NBO/HKJK)
  • Addis Ababa Ethiopia (ADD/HAAB)
  • Damazin (RSS/HSDZ)
  • El Fasher Sudan (ELF/HSFS)
  • Asmara Eritrea (ASM/HHAS)
  • Kigali (HRYR/KGL)

That are just some of the airport that are flown by Turkish in Africa. There are lot more, but I assume their is not too much, because I have the feeling, that the most of us fly more in Europe or in the US. Hence, this regions are best provided with freeware stuff. Though even there, particularly in the US is a tremendous leak, so it's really rare to get some nice freeware sceneries, even for small airports.