Sign in to follow this  
Greggy_D

Windows 10 Fall Update is now out

Took me about 45 minutes to download and install via Windows Update.

I'm NOT happy about the update resetting some of my privacy settings back to default (aka spying back on).

Took me about 45 minutes to download and install via Windows Update.

I'm NOT happy about the update resetting some of my privacy settings back to default (aka spying back on).

Strange, mine seems to have remained exactly as I left it.

Hmm, I haven't yet received the Fall Update on ANY of my computers. I'm taking screenshots of my privacy settings and I'll compare them after the update. I'll report back when I get it.

Ok, I just installed the update. None of the privacy settings were changed, however I did notice that my default programs were all reset back to the default "metro apps". I had to change them back to Windows Photo Viewer, Windows Media Player, and Google Chrome. Annoying, but not as bad as I thought. 

n my case I had to first increase the System reserver partition of my system disk, and only then the install was successful.

Since I do use a local account and do not login into, but instead use a local account, I had all of my privacy options resset to their defaults, but these were easily brought back to the right values :-)

I also believe some drivers must have been re-installed because Nvidia Inspector had it's P3D and IL-2 BoS and Rise of Flight settings all reset to default and I had to re.import mine.

But other that these little "problems", so far so good :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...