Sign in to follow this  
Moosehead

LED Lights and new start levers

First off, I'm not asking for anything, nor am I being ungrateful.

If any of the mods/developers are reading, new 737ng's coming off the line now don't have nose wheel lights and retractables.

New ones have led wing lights which still use the same switch with the retractables, except, when pushed once, they are only at about 20% brightness (for taxi) then 100% when pushed fully down.

Also, the start levers are now 777 style. I can dig out pics if needed.

• Upvote 1

First off, I'm not asking for anything, nor am I being ungrateful.

Appreciate the clarity here.

I haven't heard anything about either of these. Have links to anything official, or is this an STC people are getting?

Also: full names - first and last - in the forum, please.

Kyle Rodgers

Appreciate the clarity here.

I haven't heard anything about either of these. Have links to anything official, or is this an STC people are getting?

They're coming off the line with the changes.

The lighting is called LTRTL. It puts all the lighting in the wing root. No more taxi light on the nosewheel.

The new Start Levers (switches) do have a light for engine fire indication. This change also modifies the parking brake lever.

This is a rotten pic, but it does show the new start lever and parking brake lever:

http://www.askbob.aero/sites/default/files/images/737Max.png

Matt Cee

But that does look like a 737MAX and not an NG.

Dave

You're correct, but this is where the lines start to blur. The changes are starting on the late-model NGs.

Matt Cee

As soon as I can work out how to post pics via my iPhone, I'll post them. I'm also waiting on a (current) ng pic that documents the start levers changes.

To describe them briefly, it looks like a Boeing grey metal plate bolted on to the area where the start levers are and 2 switches similar to the 777 on it. Almost plug and play.

Ok, here are the links to my photobox.

Wing root-

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/moosehead1984/Mobile%20Uploads/E363C9C1-54E9-49A6-A0B0-61DCADF545CE_zpsoj7xcm1r.png

10% taxi light power-

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/moosehead1984/Mobile%20Uploads/8ACB1A1C-6B65-4DA2-A39F-4638F7951FD9_zpsrn7kx1sg.png

100% light-

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/moosehead1984/Mobile%20Uploads/5DD7AE7D-3D4A-4284-98B4-6CB2643EE19C_zpsnm4r2yk3.png

Pic credits to a NG captain friend of mine.

Dan

This is the first MAX under assembly, but the start levers and so forth that are making their way into current NGX, can clearly be seen:

yourfile_zpsw4spiaxj.jpg

I took a tour of the 737 plant about 2 months ago and there were in fact LED lights in the wing root on all the new ones. I might have a picture or two somewhere. I know they were not only on the MAX though, (because I was able to see the only MAX being produced). 

Nick Hatchel

"Sometimes, flying feels too godlike to be attained by man. Sometimes, the world from above seems too beautiful, too wonderful, too distant for human eyes to see …"
Charles A. Lindbergh, 1953

System: Custom Watercooled--Intel i7-8700k OC: 5.0 Ghz--Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7--EVGA GTX 1080ti Founders Edition--16GB TridentZ RGB DDR4--240GB SSD--460GB SSD--1TB WD Blue HDD--Windows 10--55" Sony XBR55900E TV--GoFlight VantEdge Yoke--MFG Crosswind Pedals--FSXThrottle Quattro Throttle Quadrant--Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS--TrackIR 5--VRInsight MCPii Boeing

Apparently Spin737 and Moosehead either can't follow this instruction or choose not to for some reason.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Apparently Spin737 and Moosehead either can't follow this instruction or choose not to for some reason.

Sorry, I'm posting from my phone.

But if it makes you happy, see below.

I didn't realise such a minor matter would offend some.

Odd when all I was doing was to try and post an interesting update.

DAN WADE

Hi guys, a bit more detailed information regarding the updated -800 rolling off the plant at Renton, most have already been mentioned!

- LED Landing, Taxi, Runway Turnoff Lights (LTRTL) which implements LED's on the -800's exterior lighting system. The overhead panel no longer has the Retractable Landing Lights or Nose Gear Taxi Light switches.

LTRTL.jpg​- Updated the position of the Engine Start Levers and as Spin 737 mentioned, the new levers also have an integral fire warning light to decrease the likelihood of inadvertently shutting down the wrong engine during an engine fire.

They've also moved the Landing Gear Warning Cutout switch and installed a new parking brake lever.

new%20fc%20swtihes.jpg

cutout.jpg 

Our newest -800's also have a new weather radar system, whether this is fitted on all new NG's I have no idea. It's called the Honeywell IntuVue RDR-4000 Weather Radar which brings a lots of new changes. In a VERY brief nutshell operationally it allows each crew member to independently check weather at different flight levels on their respective ND's in manual mode and shows sig-wx without clutter up to 320nm away

wx.jpg

They've also updated the Cabin Pressurization Panel, the FLT and ALT windows have increased in size and are now lit white as opposed to the amber tinge it previously had. I'll take a photo when I next see it.

There has been loads of other subtle changes to many systems, our FMC's for example no longer have the rotation brightness control but a rocker type switch.

These are the most obvious changes to our newest editions to the NG fleet anyway.

Hope the info helped! ​​

Sorry, I'm posting from my phone.

But if it makes you happy, see below.

I didn't realise such a minor matter would offend some.

Odd when all I was doing was to try and post an interesting update.

DAN WADE

Even if you post from your phone your signature still appears (you just won't see it). Easy enough to add your surname to your first name in that.

Not signing is not offensive, it's just a rule we all have to comply with. I suppose Jim was pointing out that it's not applied uniformly. Some regular posters never get called on it. However if members like Matt feel they can't comply it would be a very great shame to lose their input over it. Personally, I think using your first name is more than sufficient to enable people to talk in a friendly way.

ki9cAAb.jpg

The people who cry about signatures are the online version of the people who shout "On Guard!" whenever someone transmits on 121.5.