Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

My preferred flightsim EVER!

As you all ( all who know me from years hear and at other forums... ) know, I try them all, and keep jumping between sims like women change clothes... but I have been asking myself, during the last year, what flight simulator I would chose should I be forced to keep just one, and undoubtedly my choice is now evident - IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad.

Yes I still have P3D ( v2.5 ) installed to use it with PMDG's 777-200, FSX:SE to be able to use a couple of A2As and RealAIrs, I use PSX sometimes for some circuit in the most advanced PC-based 744 sim I ever used, and I even consider installing DCS again when v2.0 final get's released ( tried 1.5, and it's great ok... but.... ), and there's also Condorsoaring, which I use mostly during the low season of RW glider flying, and am looking fwd to see what I will do with XP10 when Austin makes 10.50, supposedly correcting part of the prop flight dynamics ( I hope not only the torque bug, since he's going to have to review the code...), but NO OTHER SIM gives me the thrill and immersion of IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad / Moscow....

It's the most advanced graphics-wise

It's the most advanced flight and overall physics wise

It's astounding in terms even of weather effects

It's simply UNIQUE!

Should I have to keep just one, no doubt BoS/BoM will be my choice.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

jcomm, not to throw you for another loop, but...

Have you tried Falcon 4.0 BMS? They just released their newest version, 4.33, and I actually prefer it over the DCS lineup.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Thx for the suggestion Philip, and I would surely try it if it wasn't for the fact that I do not like modern combat aircraft :-/

I only had the f86 in DCS, but I used it mostly for the UH-1H, Mi-8 and the ww2 fighters...

Modern war is way too complex for me :-/, and I actually do not even like war games at all, or air combat, but I use the sims mostly for the flight dynamics, and indeed IL-2 BoS is ahead of anything I had ever tried before :-)

But again, thx a LOT for your suggestion!

Well....  just watching the trailer .... WhoW!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

The fact that VC's are not interactive is enough for me not to touch it with a ten foot pole. Big immersion killer. shelved it. Back to FSX/P3D

RobdeVries.jpg

:-(

Main Simulation Rig: