Sign in to follow this  
DylanM

ORBX Southern California for V3

How will this work with MSE SOCAL? or is it one or the other. MSE version is quite stunning

ZORAN

JV said up too NV, no where does it say including, it also says down to Mexico border, so in that reading will it include Tijuana!! so from my reading SOCAL means that, same as all the other regions they released. Problem with readings is they are open to personal interpretation and i`m going off what ORBX do!! you get nothing outside the scope of the area.

tpewpb-6.png

JV said up too NV, no where does it say including, it also says down to Mexico border, so in that reading will it include Tijuana!! so from my reading SOCAL means that, same as all the other regions they released. Problem with readings is they are open to personal interpretation and i`m going off what ORBX do!! you get nothing outside the scope of the area.

Yeah. But at least you should read right. JV said it extends in the East up to Las Vegas. All other regions also do not strictly stop at the state borders. And if JV explicitly mentions Las Vegas, I would be rather surprised if they didn't include it. Actually, they would be stupid not to.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Also really looking forward to Las Vegas ORBX style!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

How will this work with MSE SOCAL? or is it one or the other. MSE version is quite stunning

You answered your own question, you'll use one or the other.

If your flying airliners in the area you might want to use your MSE for better performance, but use the ORBX package if your flying low and slow where performance isn't such an issue. Either way its up to you or which ever you prefer. Personally I don't buy their regions anymore but buy some of their Global airports since I mainly fly airliners and the regions are not much of a value for me and just drag performance down.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

You answered your own question, you'll use one or the other.

If your flying airliners in the area you might want to use your MSE for better performance, but use the ORBX package if your flying low and slow where performance isn't such an issue. Either way its up to you or which ever you prefer. Personally I don't buy their regions anymore but buy some of their Global airports since I mainly fly airliners and the regions are not much of a value for me and just drag performance down.

Yes your right. Ive only ever flown airlines in that region and as I said MSE socal is stunning, by far their best and the price reflects it. I think I will give this one a miss, but then again....

ZORAN

LOL. Southern California has never been that green. Wel, this IS a beta after all.

Vic

well its greenish

11390320_10205719018848271_4213619232884

11270317_10205594236288785_5576487820225

here is few more

1957768_10203998581918423_44655795115873

11043394_10205096446924362_1334270455226

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

all of your photos are bluegreenish tinted, a common issue with digital sensors in modern digital camera systems. notice how the "white" highlights are tinted blue green?

the second photo comes the closest to the correct color balance.

I'm going to go out on a limb and maybe get myself into a bit of a dustup. Anyway, based on my 2 decades in photogrammetry and photogrammetric image processing, the most natural color balance in FSX/P3D photoscenery I've personally seen is Ultimate VFR. Here is a sample from their upcoming California scenery. It is still a bit on the gray/green side of things but is much closer to all the colormetric measurements I've made while being tossed around inside a C337.

https://www.facebook.com/UltimateVFR/photos/a.10153718109953689.1073741853.246440783688/10153792440348689/?type=3&theater

screenshots ofLas Vegas http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/105890-ftx-na-sca-southern-california-around-los-angeles-and-las-vegas-p3dv3/

It just looks too oversaturated... but all of Orbx sceneries are like this.

I'll probably buy it for use with Pilot Edge.  (Though I've got so many airports there already I'll have to be cautious of OOM's)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Wonder why Orbx has opted for that unnatural green colorization of the photoscenery?

Much of their scenery is too green; one of the reasons I gave up on it a ways back.

Doesn't look like where I live.