Sign in to follow this  
Fi5kuS

Aivlasoft EFB cause P3D to stutter

...and it seems that several are experiencing these issue based on these threads I've found: 

http://aivlasoft.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/1882-stutters-p3d/

http://www.avsim.com/topic/372470-aivlasoft-efb-works/page-2

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=106369

My question is, does anyone have a fix for this other than running this program on a networked computer maybe? I only have a macbook pro so that's no good.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

I've experienced the same even when running EFB in a networked environment, I think the culprit is SimConnect being flooded and especially if you also run other SimConnect-intensive addons.

I've always been a fan of EFB but was forced stop using it for this reason.

Richard Åsberg

I've experienced the same even when running EFB in a networked environment, I think the culprit is SimConnect being flooded and especially if you also run other SimConnect-intensive addons.

I've always been a fan of EFB but was forced stop using it for this reason.

:sad:

So I've wasted my money then, great. I guess active sky next is a SimConnect heavy add-on and you can't fly without real world weather.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Well this is very interesting!!!!

I posted a message on here the other day saying that my FS Commander (Moving map/Flight Planner) is doing exactly the same!!! .... As soon as I disconnect FS Commander everything smooths out again

With this happening on two similar programs surely this points to an issue with P3D struggling to deal with it!!

Paul

With this happening on two similar programs surely this points to an issue with P3D struggling to deal with it!!

If that were true, everyone would have the problem, not just a few.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I too had the stuttering with Aivlasoft efb but now it's gone after I made some changes to my settings based on NickN recommendation. I changed my shadow quality to low, clouds shadows to 80k and deleted my p3d Nvidia inspector profile. Now there is no stuttering. Maybe it's the shadows that was causing it or a combination of different settings

I too had the stuttering with Aivlasoft efb but now it's gone after I made some changes to my settings based on NickN recommendation. I changed my shadow quality to low, clouds shadows to 80k and deleted my p3d Nvidia inspector profile. Now there is no stuttering. Maybe it's the shadows that was causing it or a combination of different settings

Will check that out, thanks!

I also noticed that if I turn off the feature where the aircraft is displayed on map, i.e moving along the route, the stuttering is more or less gone. Not that surprising considering that is a key SimConnect feature maybe? 

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Guest Mik75

Hi there!

I recently installed P3D 3.1. I did quite a lot of flights in the Aerosoft Airbus, using EFB without any problems.

But in the NGX, the problem occurs, 10-15 minutes into the flight. I expreienced the same issue in 2.5, and I hoped, it would be gone with 3.1.

But still, I have this bad stuttering, and only in the NGX, and only closing EFB solves the issue.

It has nothing to do with P3D settings, rather with AM of your CPU. You'd need to separate cores that P3D, ASN and EFB use

Guest Mik75

Sure, it definitely isn´t related to the settings within P3D.

My cfg isn´t tweaked at all.

I am using a 3570k, overclocked to 4.2 GHz. Since it doesn´t offer HT, what do I have to do in order to have EFB running on a single, dedictaed core?

On a side note: It only happens in the NGX. And on most oy my NGX flights, the ACARS System of SAS virtual is running in the backgorund. Maybe EFB, the ACARS, ANS and NGX are too much load that´s being put on to simconnect?

Sure, it definitely isn´t related to the settings within P3D.

My cfg isn´t tweaked at all.

I am using a 3570k, overclocked to 4.2 GHz. Since it doesn´t offer HT, what do I have to do in order to have EFB running on a single, dedictaed core?

On a side note: It only happens in the NGX. And on most oy my NGX flights, the ACARS System of SAS virtual is running in the backgorund. Maybe EFB, the ACARS, ANS and NGX are too much load that´s being put on to simconnect?

+1 Mostly stutter with the NGX but also with others.

I have most "add-ons" on a network PC so bare bone and main stream PC for P3D here. 

I almost forgot all :Tounge: about EFB 

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Guest Mik75

+1 Mostly stutter with the NGX but also with others.

I have most "add-ons" on a network PC so bare bone and main stream PC for P3D here. 

I almost forgot all :Tounge: about EFB 

Michael Moe

Quite a lot people seem to have this problem with P3D and EFB, but unfortunately, the developer doesn't seem to care too much about it.

It's a shame, because I love this app, and I find it incredibly useful, especially while flying online.

Which program do you use as an alternative?

I have a license for Flightsim Commander, I might give it another try.

For some reason EFB does not stutter when using the Majestic Dash Q400, and hardly when using PMDG777. But when using the NGX 737 it stutters like crazy.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Guest Mik75

Yes, quite the same for me.

It's fine in the Aerosoft Airbus and the Q400, but a total mess in the NGX after 10-15 minutes.

I switched to Flightsim Commander 9, and it works without any stuttering, and I actually have to say, I like its moving map and its features!