Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Autogen Pop up in P3D v3

I have noticed a certain amount of autogen "pop up" in P3D v3 that was not evident in P3D v2.4. Has anyone else noticed this?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I always noticed a little bit of pop up in 2.4 + 2.5 and V3. Christopher were you using maybe some Tweaks in 2.4 that your not using in V3?

I have noticed a certain amount of autogen "pop up" in P3D v3 that was not evident in P3D v2.4. Has anyone else noticed this?

Yes. Very noticeable at airports while on the ground. Buildings just "pop" up while panning around the aircraft.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

No, I didn't use any tweaks in P3D 2.3/2.4, and I don't use any in v3.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

No, I didn't use any tweaks in P3D 2.3/2.4, and I don't use any in v3.

The pop up you see is P3D's way of handling scenery now.  It loads a little more intelligently, to help with VAS management.  If you manage your LOD radius appropriately, you should have a good flight without any out of memory errors or other fatal errors.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

TextureMaxLoad= does wonders in the P3D cfg file under display section lol

André

I haven't suffered an OOM yet in P3D v3, so LM have obviously done something right with this version! I just wish that they could make the water look better. It still looks completely bland and static above a few hundred feet :sad:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I haven't suffered an OOM yet in P3D v3, so LM have obviously done something right with this version! I just wish that they could make the water look better. It still looks completely bland and static above a few hundred feet :sad:

Nope, it animates for me with REX4TD. I have a flight loaded right now and I'm at 4.500 feet and can clearly see the water move at that altitude. As much as you would expect at this hight anyway.

So why on Earth does it look like a static painting to me at a few hundred feet? I am using REX Essential Plus SP3, and I was lead to believe that the same "tweaks" that were made to the water for REX4 were also made for this. This lack of water animation in P3D is annoying the hell out of me :mad:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Nope, it animates for me with REX4TD. I have a flight loaded right now and I'm at 4.500 feet and can clearly see the water move at that altitude. As much as you would expect at this hight anyway.

out of curiosity what's your in game water setting (ultra?).

Also what's your mesh resolution setting ?

thanks

TextureMaxLoad= does wonders in the P3D cfg file under display section lol

I also would have increased texture_band_mult to something like 160 if I was getting texture popups.

Water setting is Ultra.

Mesh resolution is 1 metre.

My opinion is something messing up with rex E+P water effect here.

Better try off REX TD's water effect instead ?

out of curiosity what's your in game water setting (ultra?).

Also what's your mesh resolution setting ?

thanks

I'm on Very High I think. One notch down from Ultra anyway, and Mesh is at 5m.

As for Autogen pop in I can't say that seems any different with v3 and the only time I see it is when slewing fast over over a large urban area. I only fly very slow stuff, so maybe that's why.

I have recently increased the Level of Detail from "High" (LOD4.5) to "Ultra" (LOD5.5), so I will have to check to see if this makes a difference. I always fly "low and slow", and this is currently done in the lovely little Piper Cherokee 180 from A2A Simulations. I still have a controller issue with my CH Flightstick Pro joystick though, so the upcoming hotfix form LM should make these flights even more enjoyable :smile: If I could solve my seemingly eternal problem with those damn water textures, then my level of enjoyment would be raised another notch....

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png