Sign in to follow this  
paulwilko10

Aerosoft Airbus Practise Repeated Landings?

Hiya

I would like to practise my landings but am having a real issue with setting the plane up so I can do just landings.

Is there an easy way to do this?

I thought setting up a flight and saving it at he landing stage would work but it seems the settings don't save just mostly the direction and area of the plane.

Then when it is is pause to setup, the settings i.e speed, heading etc do not show until you un pause and then all hell breaks lose

Any tips please?

Thanks

Paul

You can try doing circuits at an airport. Flying the traffic pattern and touch-and-go can get yourself familiar with the plane quickly.

but i assume that involves taking off and setting up that way?

I was hoping to create a basic way of doing what FSI panel does if possible?

Try this free utility available in the library here. lola18.zip

File Description:
Lord of the Landing V1.8 : Landing Training Environment for FSX. A SimConnect application to help repeated landing training, and analyze and evaluate your landing data. 3 main functions are :
(1) Position Set. You can move instantly to final approach course of ANY runway of ANY airport in the world(e.g. KLAX 25L 4NM 1200ft).
(2) Landing Report. It analyzes, evaluates and displays your landing data(V/S, Flare Distance, Centerline Deviation, Pitch, Bank, Sideslip angle, Max V/S).
(3) Analysis plot. It displays approach and landing trajectory (lateral deviation, altitude, airspeed) as plot. It is recommended to use FsTakeoffTrainer with LoLa to practice landing in adverse weather.

It's companion application fstakeofftrainer10.zip

File Description:

With FsTakeoffTrainer, you can easily try real-world airline simulator training in FSX! Adverse weather(Wind: Calm/Light/Max Crosswind/Turbulence, Visibility: 1/8SM~20SM, Condition: Rain/Snow/Thunderstorm) and Engine failure(before or after V1, left or right) can be generated by this simple utility with only a few clicks. Sim training scenario examples are : Max crosswind takeoff and landing; Low visibility, Engine failure before V1 to Rejected Takeoff; Low visibility, Engine failure after V1 to takeoff and landing with 1 engine; Manual landing with low visibility and turbulence. It is also highly recommended to use with LoLa(Lord of Landing) to practice landing in adverse weather.  Requires FSX  SP2.

Try this free utility available in the library here. lola18.zip

File Description:

Lord of the Landing V1.8 : Landing Training Environment for FSX. A SimConnect application to help repeated landing training, and analyze and evaluate your landing data. 3 main functions are :

(1) Position Set. You can move instantly to final approach course of ANY runway of ANY airport in the world(e.g. KLAX 25L 4NM 1200ft).

(2) Landing Report. It analyzes, evaluates and displays your landing data(V/S, Flare Distance, Centerline Deviation, Pitch, Bank, Sideslip angle, Max V/S).

(3) Analysis plot. It displays approach and landing trajectory (lateral deviation, altitude, airspeed) as plot. It is recommended to use FsTakeoffTrainer with LoLa to practice landing in adverse weather.

It's companion application fstakeofftrainer10.zip

File Description:

With FsTakeoffTrainer, you can easily try real-world airline simulator training in FSX! Adverse weather(Wind: Calm/Light/Max Crosswind/Turbulence, Visibility: 1/8SM~20SM, Condition: Rain/Snow/Thunderstorm) and Engine failure(before or after V1, left or right) can be generated by this simple utility with only a few clicks. Sim training scenario examples are : Max crosswind takeoff and landing; Low visibility, Engine failure before V1 to Rejected Takeoff; Low visibility, Engine failure after V1 to takeoff and landing with 1 engine; Manual landing with low visibility and turbulence. It is also highly recommended to use with LoLa(Lord of Landing) to practice landing in adverse weather.  Requires FSX  SP2.

Can this be used in P3D V3 ?

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

Can this be used in P3D V3 ?

No idea, I don't use P3D any more

Thanks all

My issue is not so much putting the airbus in place, it's getting it set up when it loads in that place.

By the time I am even close, it crashes in to mountains or the ground as the engines haven't spooled in time or other issues

Then I guess that Fsipanel is the way to go , I doubt that there is another freeware option

Make sure you save a hot and high approach about 8 miles out. The engines will spoil up in time. And turn of the FD, as the auto throttle might give you ga power as you are about to touch down when you leave it on.

I have a couple of flights that are saved on approach to do exactly what you are trying to do. It works, for the most part. The only issue I really have with it is that the aircraft state does not always save correctly. In the default FSX A321, the engine switches always start in the off position. One thing that I noticed, and it seems to happen with various aircraft, is that the avionics will be off when you resume the flight after you load it. I use the Steam version of FSX, and there is no key binding for the master avionics switch. I mapped Ctrl-Shift-M to it.

I fly a normal flight and save it as soon as the autopilot captures the glide slope to ensure that when I load the flight I am not 200' of the ground and 500' from the threshold. When I load the flight, I immediately check to see that the AP is engaged, and that the aircraft is following the glide slope and localizer. If it isn't, 9 times out of 10, the avionics will be off, so I hit my hot key, and the AP will start working again. This may be your issue. You need to save a flight for each different type of aircraft that you fly, and when you load those lights familiarize yourself with which switches are in the wrong position, and what systems aren't working.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440