Sign in to follow this  
Fi5kuS

No lights from the NGX when switching from day to night

I have a weird problem:

If I start up the NGX at night, and turn on landing lights etc, the ground is rightly enlightened as it should. However, if I boot up at day or dusk, and change time to night OR if time progresses during flight fra dusk to night, there is absolutely no landing lights nor taxi lights illuminating the ground whatsoever.

I think Shockwave lights cased this issue. I installed it with migration tool, but since it didnt work I simply removed it and also removed the entries from the ngx aircraft. text file.  

Can someone confirm that the [LIGHTS] entry in the aircraft. text file under simobjects should look like this? 

[LIGHTS]
//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing, 6=taxi, 7=recognition, 8=wing, 9=logo, 10=cabin
light.0 = 4, 47.000, 0.0, 5.500, fx_PMDG_NGX_vclight
light.1 = 4, 45.500, 0.0, 4.500, fx_PMDG_NGX_vclight

I think I probably deleted some important information when removing the entries from Shockwave. Also, when landing lights dont appear from the cockpit, the do in fact appear from the outside. Very strange, but I was hoping not to reinstall since then you have to add all liveries once again.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Brynjar.

I have a workaround for this.

When you start your flight, select night before you load it. You will find that the ngx lights now work.

Once the flight is loaded, switch to the time of day you want.

If your flight then transitions from day to night, your lights will be working.

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

It wasn't caused by the Shockwave lights (although not sure if they work correctly in P3D).  PMDG and LM are aware of the issue from what I have gathered. Stu's workaround will fix it.

Eric

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Brynjar.

I have a workaround for this.

When you start your flight, select night before you load it. You will find that the ngx lights now work.

Once the flight is loaded, switch to the time of day you want.

If your flight then transitions from day to night, your lights will be working.

Stu

Oh ok. But wont that consume more VAS as well? Considering it has to load in night textures for an airport etc...

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth