Sign in to follow this  
BMagann

GTN 750 for P3d v3 not working for me

I hope I am doing something stupid, but I can't get the "Continue" button to work on the GTN 750 for P3d v3 in P3D v3. I have tried in the RealAir Turbine Duke, the A2A Comanche and the A2A Cherokee (all P3D v3 versions of the aircraft), in both panel installed and externally installed modes.

I have redownloaded and reinstalled the Garmin Trainer Lite software and the Flight1 GTN 750 software several times, and let everything install into the default directories.

I didn't see any posts on this problem, but if there already are I apologize and would appreciate being directed to the solution.

Thanks!

Bill Magann

- Bill Magann

Hi Bill,

Are you using the latest versions? Garmin trainer lite v5.13. GTN750 v1.13.

Did your virus scanner quarantine any GTN dll's?

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

There are. 

Look in the FTN folder at the revision notes and the bit about setting [legacy]  enabled=1.  That worked for me, same problem.  The gtn_config.ini for the enable=1 is in the Flight1 Aviation Technologies\GTNGauge or GTN folder in appdata\roaming. Also copy the .ini into the Flight1 Aviation technologies\GTN folder if not there (where it should be anyway) as otherwise seems to repeat problem sometimes.

As per the revision notes, it doesn't give this problem for everybody.  you must have the right version installed it seems because otherwise you wouldn't even be able to config the 750 in the Duke :smile:

• Upvote 2

Yes they are both the current versions. I downloaded both of them yesterday. And I knew from experience with the GTN 750 FSX version that Norton 360 would try to quarentine the .dll's so I put the FSX, P3d, Realair and Flight1 directories on the excetions list. I really thought I had everything covered. That is why I am baffled.

There are.  Look in the FTN folder at the revision notes and the bit about setting [legacy]  enabled=1.  That worked for me, same problem.  The gtn_config.ini for the enable=1 is in the Flight1 Aviation Technologies\GTNGauge or GTN folder in appdata\roaming. Also copy the .ini into the Flight1 Aviation technologies\GTN folder if not there (where it should be anyway) as otherwise seems to repeat problem sometimes.

Thanks, I'll give that all a try this afternoon when I get back to this problem. Family stuff for a few hours now.

- Bill Magann

Yes they are both the current versions. I downloaded both of them yesterday. And I knew from experience with the GTN 750 FSX version that Norton 360 would try to quarentine the .dll's so I put the FSX, P3d, Realair and Flight1 directories on the excetions list. I really thought I had everything covered. That is why I am baffled.

Thanks, I'll give that all a try this afternoon when I get back to this problem. Family stuff for a few hours now.

If you're sure Norton didn't quarantine the new dll's try running the Update Tool, which fixed the problem for someone on SimForums > GTN Support.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Thank you Birdmanmike, that was the solotion.

- Bill Magann

If you're sure Norton didn't quarantine the new dll's try running the Update Tool, which fixed the problem for someone on SimForums > GTN Support.

Yup! Eset's Smart security quarantined my GTN 750 DLLs. Now part of that problem is Flight 1s irresponsible inclusion of Themida security which kills FSX or P3d's executables if we need to run Procmon to evaluate or diagnose the operation of our simulators.

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Yup! Eset's Smart security quarantined my GTN 750 DLLs. Now part of that problem is Flight 1s irresponsible inclusion of Themida security which kills FSX or P3d's executables if we need to run Procmon to evaluate or diagnose the operation of our simulators.

Chas

Chas, so Themida is actually included in the GTN download???

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Well if you ask any GTN 750 user, right after they install their beloved, and mine certainly is beloved, GTN 750 (and I suspect GTN 650 as well ), to look in their quarantine folder if they use Eset smart security, or something as "powerful" as ESET, they will find the GTN750.dll.

The reason? It contains....wait for it... THEMIDA.

Try running Promon.exe while P3D is running, and you'll see a message from Themida saying there is a monitoring program running... please unload it to continue… Or words to that effect . Your P 3-D session has crashed and will continue to do so until you unload PROCMON.EXE.

However, Uninstall your GTN 750 and Procmon runs like a champ showing you every process and every file that is called by P3dD as P3D runs swimmingly well, blithely Unaware of Procmon's undercover tricks.

That is your unalienable right...to use powerful diagnostic tools like Procmon to diccover problems with YOUR SETUP of YOUR paid for, licensed copy of P3d.

So I ask you, is this a correlation or root cause and effect?

You decide

Cheers

Chas

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

THEMIDA is not a virus!

With Themida® , we have centered in the main weakness that software protectors have thus providing a complete solution to overcome those problems. Themida® uses the SecureEngine® protection technology that, when running in the highest priority level, implements never seen before protection techniques to protect applications against advanced software cracking.

http://www.oreans.com/themida.php

Unfortunately, it is true that some viruses have managed to spoof the Themida signature which greatly complicates matters. It is therefore up to each user of products that are protected from reverse compiling to manually exclude those specific products from their virus protection programs once they have determined that it is in fact clean.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

THEMIDA is not a virus!

http://www.oreans.com/themida.php

Unfortunately, it is true that some viruses have managed to spoof the Themida signature which greatly complicates matters. It is therefore up to each user of products that are protected from reverse compiling to manually exclude those specific products from their virus protection programs once they have determined that it is in fact clean.

Let me set the record straight.

I never meant to imply that Themida was a virus, rather that it was caught by an overzealous antivirus program, in my case is Eset Smart security....erroneously, but fortuitously...to link the THEMIDA/GTN750 install.

The point is, as I said in my post, Themida totally hamstrings the use of Procmon.exe to do diagnostics on our FSX/P3D platforms by crashing the aforesaid sims. The only way to get around it is to temporarily uninstall the GTN 750.

I hope this clears things up

Cheers

Chas

My post was widely aimed to clarify the matter for anyone who might incorrectly interpret your post, Chas... :wink:

Why "uninstall" it at all?

Simply comment out the GTN750 or GTN650 from the panel.cfg file so it won't load... :Thinking:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Well if that works, it would be one great Un-pain-in-the-a$$....I will give it a shot...

Thanks Padre!

Chas

My post was widely aimed to clarify the matter for anyone who might incorrectly interpret your post, Chas... :wink:

Why "uninstall" it at all?

Simply comment out the GTN750 or GTN650 from the panel.cfg file so it won't load... :Thinking:

Got around to your suggestion, Padre...where of 130 panel.cfgs should I start?...Themida caution screen pops up before anything is loaded...

Please advise the error of my ways/ thinking

Chas

Padre,

Found the answer... I now have complete listing of every process and call that Prepared3d.exe makes recorded by procmon WITHOUT Themida intervention.

Searched for "F1gtn*.dll" with the amazing Everything by VOIDTools. If you don't have ...you Need it!!!

Merry belated Christmas/Chanukah to all! ...grinnnn

"https://www.voidtools.com/downloads/"

I just renamed 2 .dll files to:

F1gtn.dll.NoOp

And

f1gtnSVC.dll.NoOp

Hope this proves of interest...and thanks again for your suggestions

Cheers,

Chas