Sign in to follow this  
Guest Blazer

New Scotflight Prestwick scenery...?

Guest yarvelling

Hi, anybody tried this? Did it run correctly for you?I downloaded it from here, installed as per instructions; no different to most other scenery infact, yet when attempting to fly from there, FS9 crashes about half way through loading the scenery/textures (aprox 56%).Shame; it looks really nice!

Guest jennifer

Ditto! Most disapponted...will have to let Ian Gallacher know, still the previous version is good until it gets fixed!

no problems here at all. i had the older version installed in FS9 so i just deleted the old prestwick airport folder and put the new one n the same place, i did not edit the scenery.cfg.

Guest ayrsimming

HiThe scenery was extensively tested before release and only released when I was satisfied that all testers were happy with all aspects of the scenery.For the problem you are having I would ask you first to check whether you can start a flight from Prestwick with the night-time setting. Either come back here or e-mail me on the address in the Readme or both as it may help others if they by chance have the same problem.Iain Gallacher

Guest cliffp

I installed and all went well until I tried to use the FS9 map to get some radio frequencies. The map shows but there is a lot of hard disk activity and then crash with the usual MS FS9 error message. I contacted the author and he said he would pass along the information. I am going to try out the night flight as he suggested.

Just wanted to say that FS9 crashes for me to at this new scenery. At both dusk and dawn.

Guest jennifer

Now tried the new scenery at night and it loaded. When I changed to a dawn time from the night setting it hung at 20% for several seconds and then CTD.

Guest ayrsimming

HiThe 'dawn and 'dusk' situation does appear to be an issue as I now can see the problem myself although I have been round my band of testers tonight and some, for reasons unknown at the moment, are seeing the problem whilst others are able to start flights at all settings.I believe that this is probably a seperate issue to the problem first reported here where the scenery won't load at all. I have no problem loading at 'day' or 'night'. If you can load a flight at 'night' but not 'day' then I believe that this is a texture issue and although you may doubt what I am saying I believe the problem is missing default textures.I had this same problem when I released scenery for Edinburgh Airport some months ago and in almost every case the problem was solved by the users re-installing the MS textures from FS9 disc 4.I had correspondence last night and earlier today with a gentleman who advised that Prestwick did not work and that Edinburgh had never worked. After taking my recommendation and re-installing the textures, as above, he now has advised that both Prestwick and Edinburgh are working.So if you can load at night then I would suggest trying this solution.I am looking into the 'dawn'/' dusk' situation, which as I say I believe is a seperate issue.Iain

Working fine for me, Iain, so I guess my Scottish ducks must all be in a row. Thanks for great work.MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/maamlogo2.jpg[/a]

I too had trouble at first, tried loading at night my time which was early AM there, and the game crashed at 0%. This was the first time I ran it after the install though, so I restarted the game, made sure it was correctly in the scenery.cfg file list, and it then worked fine.Beautiful scenery though, I could use some more afcad parking, specifically the smaller cargo parking for Atlantic Airways, Air Sweeden, etc. Not being familiar with the area I just assigned and created more parking spaces towards the hangers to the west (? I think) where there were no created spaces at allAnyway, thanks for a great scenery!

For me the crash happens just at dawn and dusk. Day and night are just fine.For those that know the airport, where do the military planes park? Im looking at photos of the airport at airliners.net and see a lot of military flights at this airport but no spaces for them in the AFCAD.

Hi Iain,I thought I was okay until I read this thread so decided to test.Prestwick Scenery loads fine when DAY and NIGHT are selected.Prestwick Load fails at 54% Loading Terrain for both DAWN and DUSK.(This occurs with a fresh load of the sim and DAWN is selected at Prestwick or a fresh load of the sim and DUSK is selected at Prestwick.)However, if DAY or NIGHT is first loaded at Prestwick and then either DAWN or DUSK is then loaded (without exiting the sim) then each load will fail at 21% Loading Terrain.Don't know whether this helps or not but these findings appear to be consistent.Regards,MikeEdit: Just checked at Edinburgh and all remains well: DAWN, DAY, DUSK and NIGHT are all still loading fine.

Guest ha5mvo

don't have that particular scenery - but I have seen that problem before....since noone had mentioned it, let me ask:is the system pointing at g2d.dll or g3d.dll as the culprit?can't be 100% sure, but it does sound like a missing texture//Michael

Guest ayrsimming

Hi allSome progress on the dawn/dusk issue!This problem seems to revolve around the 'dawn/dusk texture blending' option on the FS9 'Display' options.I had this checked on and the problem was there, I have unchecked this option and the scenery will load at all settings.Not sure of the overall effect of having this option unchecked as far as the general running of FS9 is concerned or why this is happening with this particular scenery.I do know which file is causing the problem and which element of the scenery is at the root of the problem and I am waiting to hear from the author of the design program which is producing this element of the scenery.Hope this might help some users to get a bit more out of the scenery.For users not getting the scenery to load at all I would still recommend looking at re-installing the MS textures from disc 4.IainScotlfight Scenery

Guest yarvelling

Thanks for your help Iain...yes, it will load at night, but then bombs-out at 20% when switching to day-time!Michael, yes, it points to G2d.dll in the error report.If it were a missing texture, then wouldn't other sceneries fail? So far everything else works OK....I'll back-up my textures folder first and then copy over the defaults to test it.....Could the problem be with an overwritten texture file: properties changed, etc?