Sign in to follow this  
JDWorks

RAAS Not Connecting to FSX

I purchased FS2Crew/PMDG737NGX bundled with RAAS Pro a few weeks ago.  FS2Crew is working fine, but I cannot seem to get RAAS to show up in the Add-On menu.

I am running FSX Sp2 with EZDOK (EZCA).  EZDOK add-on shows up, no problem.  Also FSUIPC.

The RAASPro.log file includes the following lines concerning connection to FSX:

Searching for SIMCONNECT.DLL...

The SIMCONNECT.DLL has been FOUND!...

The SIMCONNECT.DLL has been LOADED SUCCESSFULLY!...

Attempting to connect to the Flight Simulator...

***COULD NOT CONNECT to the Flight Simulator...

IGNORING SIMCONNECT.CFG settings, and FORCING LOCAL connection...

Attempting to connect to the Flight Simulator...

***COULD NOT CONNECT to the Flight Simulator...

[For some reason I am not able to paste into this post, so I have typed the relevant entries.]

Oddly(?) the RAAS,ini file shows "DEFAULTProfile=AIRBUS".  I am running PMDG373NGX.  Is that an issue?

I have Zone Alarm Extreme installed and I have marked FSX and RAASPro as exceptions.  I temporarily turned ZA off, but that did not solve the problem.

I see from posts in this Forum that (many) others have had problems with ZA and have been told to uninstall it.  Really?  Does that mean to uninstall it for good?  No way I'm going to operate without anti-virus and firewall protection these days.

Is there some way to get RAASPro to running without uninstalling ZA protection?

Thank you!!

John D

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I uninstalled Zone Alarm and ran FSX "naked".  There was the RAAS Pro add-on working just fine!

So then I reinstalled Zone Alarm and launched FSX again.  Once again, no RAAS Pro add-on. 

Then I turned ZA anti-virus and firewall off and tried running FSX.  Still, no RAAS Pro add-on.  Once again made a Zone Alarm anti-virus exception for c:\fsx\*.*.  Nada.

I checked the ZA forum and found nothing.

Clearly Zone Alarm is the problem.  Does anybody have RAAS Pro running with Zone Alarm installed on the same PC?

Thanks for any help!

JD

I've tried to exclude everything that I could think of related to RAASPro  Here is a screenshot of the Zone Alarm antivirus exclusion page.  Not really sure what ZA means with respect to excluding a "file" or "process", so I've tried both.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7cd982j8ui8w4ep/ZA%20Screenshot.jpg?dl=0

ZA is a pretty common antivirus program.  Nothing related to RAASPro shows up on the ZA Help Forum, unfortunately.

Thanks for looking at this.

JD

Tried all kinds of Zone Alarm fixes this morning with no luck.  The ZA Log shows EZDOK (EZCA) was allowed to run, but nothing shows up for RAASPro.  Will discuss with Zone Alarm technical help on Monday.

I spent 2 hours with a Zone Alarm technician today and he could not get RAASPro to run.  It works with ZA turned off, but not with ZA running.

Does anyone have RAASPro running with Zone Alarm Extreme installed and running?

My annual subscription to ZA expires in a couple of weeks.  Thinking I might just give up on ZA and try something else.  Any antivirus/firewall/spyware that anyone would like to recommend that allows FSX to run with all of its add-ons functional?  ZA has always been a source of trouble for me.

Thanks for your thoughts!

JD

Hi JD,

I just use the stock Windows firewall/anti virus that comes with Windows 10.

It works fine, and it's free.

As for your ZA issue, I'm not sure.  I know a lot of people use Zone Alarm, but it's something I hardly ever hear about.  And our user base is in the tens of thousands.

Bryan - You said "I know a lot of people use Zone Alarm", I am no longer one of those. 

My subscription expired last week and I decided to go with McAfee after many years with Zone Alarm.  What a difference it makes.  I can't tell you how many hours (and days!) I have spent over the last few years resolving and/or trying to resolve problems with Zone Alarm.  Ridiculous!  McAfee was a piece of cake.

Finally, everything works:  FSX,  EZDOK Camera, FS2Crew (PMDG B737NGX) and RAASPro.  And I can enjoy flying the airplane rather than solving computer problems.

Thanks again,

JD

Glad to hear it!

I personally just use the built in Windows firewall/anti virus.  It does the job just fine and it's free.