Sign in to follow this  
jstonge24

How well will PMDG products run with my computer

Hey everybody,

I just wanted to know how well the PMDG 777 and the NGX will work with my HP Envy laptop:

Processor: AMD A6-4400M APU with Radeon HD Graphics 2.70 GHz

Installed Memory: 6.00 GB (5.46 usable)

System: 64bit

I would really love to get either aircraft to work with my computer and I am willing to sacrifice some realism for performance. My magic fps number is 15 which I can get easily with high settings in my FSX:SE. Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

While FSX is largely CPU-constrained, a good GPU is still important for detailed models like PMDG ones.

Be sure to get FSX-SE, framerates and VAS usage are slightly better there, as observed. Also be ready to lower settings if things get too slow. Also do not expect much performance with denser cloud covers. 15FPS might just be possible!

While FSX is largely CPU-constrained, a good GPU is still important for detailed models like PMDG ones.

Be sure to get FSX-SE, framerates and VAS usage are slightly better there, as observed. Also be ready to lower settings if things get too slow. Also do not expect much performance with denser cloud covers. 15FPS might just be possible!

Thanks!

I already am using FSX-SE and this is good to hear. What are my chances of getting the MD11 or the 747 to work? Are their framerates close to the same as the NGX and the T7?

Thanks!

I already am using FSX-SE and this is good to hear. What are my chances of getting the MD11 or the 747 to work? Are their framerates close to the same as the NGX and the T7?

The FPS should be better with the 747 or MD-11. I wouldn't worry on the FPS though. With the amount of memory you have, I would be more concerned about OOMs. PMDG  recommends 8GB of memory with their minimum being 4GB. Something to consider.

Thanks for the advice everybody!

I am getting a new Alienware X51 R3 Desktop sometime in the next year which runs 4.0 GHz with Intel turbo boost so I think that PMDG will work very well with that.

Very nice Joel. I bought an Alienware Aurora r4 will all the bells and whistles in 2013,  I have never had a problem with it to date,  very happy Dell customer .