Sign in to follow this  
Shermann

Problems on FMC

Hi Guysi have insttalled and downloaded he version for SE, The problem ii have is this one, in case i should change the star i do change it but there are many discntinuity and in DEP/ARR page the rwy is never changed. It s always the same.then in RTE2 I want to inset a second flight planfrom the destination of the RTE and the alternate. In my case destination in RTE 1 is RCTp so i click on RTE2 in ORIGIN Field i write RCTP and i receive invalid entry. Same if i wanna insert the route forst point from RCTP to Alternate is KUDOS

I write it i click on TO and it doesnnt enter anything.

How come the FMC Behave in this odd Way?

Thanks

1) It is normal to have discontinuities if you change arrival and changing the arrival should not change the approach or runway. Arrivals (STARS) and approaches (e.g., ILS) are separate items. Manually fix the discontinuities if necessary but not all discontinuities are errors.

2) The way I use RTE2 for alternates is to leave the origin alone and set the alternate as destination, then the routing as appropriate. Afterall, you may be diverted before arrival, approach or after missed approach so keep RTE2 available for use at any time. No need to set Origin, it should be the same as RTE1 I believe (not sure on this but I don't know why it would be different). Think of it this way: your RTE2 is just an extension of RTE1 and not a replacement.

Dan Downs KCRP

yes but my problem is that i am not able to apply any correction. IF i select new runway example from 16R to 34L the fmc dotn chnage it when i click execute the runway in use is always the 16 R then to cler the discontinuity is not allowed i click on awaypoint and it is not displayed on the scrtchpad. I suppose something messed up and need to install the 777 again.

I cannot guess what you are trying to do.  You mention stars and runways as if they are the same thing. Many stars are specific to runways..., but then you should see a mismatch message.

I also do not know how reinstalling software will fix a problem with understanding how to use the product. Please be more specific with what you are trying to do, you might have to type more words but it will help.

Dan Downs KCRP

ok the problem is that watever i click the fmsc doesnt get the input, I can programm it when i am on gound whatever change i wanna do once took off it is useless. Normally ifi go in the DEP/APP page and click on to another runway activate illuminatesclick on activate and all is ok now it doesnt. I click onto another runway and nothing happen the runway doesnt change. More if i wanna insert a second flight plan in RTE 2 No wypoint is accepted. No error nothing i click and the waypoint stay in the scratch pad.

I can programm it when i am on gound whatever change i wanna do once took off it is useless.

According to the quote you have no problem with the FMC while on the ground. Once the plane is airborne, you can't use the FMC. Is this correct?