Sign in to follow this  
tonywob

Massachusetts - W2XP crosses the pond to the US

As many people know, World2XPlane has been very much concentrated in Europe and so far all the artwork and pro/autogen regions have been based here. I decided it's time to see what the US can offer in terms of scenery and I've started with Massachusetts because it has some excellent data available from the government (Thanks to some hints from users here on Avsim)

I have collected all the data available and I've created a new building set for low/mid residential areas and the entire "small forested" state is presented in glorious detail (Every building, forest, road, etc.. is in the correct place):

Alabeo_R66_3.jpg

Alabeo_R66_4.jpg

Alabeo_R66_5.jpg

This state is one big forest :smile:
Alabeo_R66_6.jpg

Alabeo_R66_25.jpg

Alabeo_R66_34.jpg

There is still a lot of work to do on the city/commercial buildings which look too European, and if anyone wants to get involved in the project then please let me know (There are already two users getting involved creating some landmarks). Once this state has been done, there is a possibility of doing many other states (with semi-autogen/real buildings), but this all depends on how popular this scenery will be.

P.S. If anyone is wondering, I am still doing Norway. I'm experimenting with using address points to make the autogen more realistic, and it's requiring a rethink on how I deal with the autogen.

• Upvote 6

Very impressive, Tony.

I really appreciate how you continue to open up parts of the world that normally I would never consider flying in.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Tony, laminar should employ you, I am sure your work is driving the sales for x-plane lately.

At least it is one of the major reasons people would consider buying it.

I really appreciate how you continue to open up parts of the world that normally I would never consider flying in.

The US is not usually an area I fly in and when I do I generally stick to Alaska. This is fairly small state, i.e. You can cross the entire scenery (East to West) in about 40 minutes in a Cessna 172, but there is lots to see along the way and lots of GA airports everywhere.

Here are some shots of downtown Boston using the new building textures I'm working on (Hopefully they can be reused again somewhat for other cities):

Alabeo_R66_1.jpg

Alabeo_R66_2.jpg

Alabeo_R66_3.jpg

A short 20 minute flight away (Somewhere outside Worcester).

Alabeo_R66_4.jpg

looks really good; need help with making objects I can help. 

If you fancy modelling some landmarks that would be great. e.g. Stadiums, or other well-known points in the area. The more diversity in the scenery the better.

• Upvote 4

Excellent work and thank you!  Am excited to see W2XP coming to the US. 

Hope to see some buildings for the southwestern states such as AZ and CA.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Wow this is awesome! I grew up in Boston, and those screenshots are a very accurate representation of the Brownstone and Brick buildings of New England. I can't wait to fly over this when it's done :)  

This is looking brilliantly Tony!

An impressive work already and so far for sure!

WOW!!!

Payware or freeware; I am getting it when it comes out!

Donald

Its the best of both worlds,  Donationware :D