Sign in to follow this  
tonywob

Massachusetts - W2XP crosses the pond to the US

Looks great so far Tony! How are fps when flying with this scenery?

I'm not going to lie here ;-), if you want to run this at maximum detail you're going to need a good computer. I've optimised as much as possible, but there is an insane amount of detail in a short space. On my Macbook Pro laptop with 16GB of RAM and a 2GB video card, I average 20-30fps. The forests are the culprit here, the entire state is almost completely covered in trees, so turning down the forest density settings smooths things out. That being said, it seems to perform better than the default autogen alone.

First version is now available for download from http://world2xplane.com/2015/11/25/massachusetts-pro/

You'll need the dependencies listed on the scenery page (But if you already have Denmark Pro, then you are likely to have everything).

Make sure you tweak your settings, having trees on maximum in an almost completely forested state is asking for trouble :-)

I'll have to say that Tony hit the American look perfectly.  I may be wrong but this is the first full size piece of custom American scenery available for X-Plane, and flying over Massachusetts in X-Plane feels so nice.  We need to get behind World2Xplane and start using this great piece of software.  Europe is all good and stuff, but for us homelanders, there's nothing like flying over your own soil.

It is a FPS killer due to amount of houses and trees.  That said I am flying on a laptop.  I am ready to start making some city scenery.  Here's some pics of my Lowell, Mass scenery in MassPro, (not part of the download, sorry).  This should look even better if I used Ortho4XP to make the shorelines better.  BTW, these pics are with VERY LOW scenery coverage, FXAA only, and other reductions in graphic quality, otherwise my laptop would crawl.

PadLJqP.jpgJZAocwG.jpgFIsLvQw.jpg

American look indeed. Outstanding work by Tony. I was taken aback when I first saw fscoffee's pix. Just amazing.

Tony: Thanks for your constructive and artful works for X-Plane.

Jim Morgan

Excellent, Tony and thank you!

...and you can pull 21 FPS right around downtown Boston, without my having to turn any rendering down, from what I normally run with.  Now..going to explore cross-state... :dance:

Here is the first flight out of Boston's Logan (KBOS):

Baron_58_1.png

Baron_58_2.png

Baron_58_5.png

Baron_58_7.png

Baron_58_13.png

Baron_58_3.png

Baron_58_14.png

,,,and flying south of Boston about 15 miles inland...trailing an interstate....

Baron_58_18f93e.png

Baron_58_9.png

Baron_58_33bd9b.png

Baron_58_10.png

Baron_58_11.png

Baron_58_12.png

Baron_58_2a57ff.png

I think that I will now fly over Harvard Campus...and then over John Adam's Brewery and look for a small strip landing....

The brewery is there, er..right?  :)

Baron_58_5746b8.png

Baron_58_4.png

The Boston area looks great... :)

Car_C337_2.png

Car_C337_5.png

Car_C337_4.png

Car_C337_10.png

Car_C337_8.png

Car_C337_7.png

Car_C337_9.png

Car_C337_13.png

Car_C337_14.png

Car_C337_17.png

Car_C337_18.png
  • Upvote 2

Wow, impressive shots!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Thanks for the shots Mitch, glad you're enjoying it

THANK YOU!  THANK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!

Having a blast...and I just wanted to show what a user could realize in FPS performance, if as you say, they have the resources for it.  Looking at Boston, from 2,200 feet up, across the city...well...is simly amazing, and those pics I shot, don't even really do it justice, as I had to dumb them down to go at, or below the upload host site size/rez......so I ask the question, what kind of density of autogen, did you place there, that shows up at the OJBECT: EXTREME and ROADS: EXTREME settings? Are forests and tree-lot verbatim as well, at Trees: Tree Hugger?

Tony, are you saying that, at those settings....the scenery is verbatim,(lot by lot, street by street, river/lake by lake?) by means of your data sources? 

Can you do that with XP at the highest settings?

Post edit:  ...and Tony...those shots were ONLY of Boston around a 15 mile radius from city centre....  I'm excited today to hug the interstates with as you say, a road atlas...and do some virtual exploring of the rest of the state.  I think Boston, is one of the most beautiful, international cities out there, rich in American Colonial history...and if there were ever one of two cities, I would be most happy to live around/within...Boston would be one of them!  Every time I go there for business, I simply HATE to leave...truly!  I also have a routine, to walk across from the hotel, around 5:00 am...grab a coffee and bagel...and then head to the Commons....eat the bagel, sip the coffee, read the newspaper, and people watch before some walking exercise.  Boston...simply ROCKS!  Especially if you are into colonial American history as I am....the town is a living, breathing museum! :))))))))))

Post Edit:  "Oh...simply for your sanity's sake...DO NOT DRIVE THERE>....fly in...bus in...have friends drop you off-in....and you will have a blast with walking, taking the train, a bus...a taxi...BUT NOT YOUR OWN CAR!  Don't believe me??!?!?   Drive there anytime in the spring or summer....yeah...do that... within the scope of rush hour in the financial district or thereabouts,...and you then will 'get with the program'!"   :Shame On You:

Cheers, and thanks again...

Tony, are you saying that, at those settings....the scenery is verbatim,(lot by lot, street by street, river/lake by lake?) by means of your data sources? 

Can you do that with XP at the highest settings?

Yep, basically at high settings you are seeing every single building, street and forest exactly where it is in real life with approximately the correct type (high density, mid, low, industrial). My pro sceneries are all like this and are meant to be a 1 to 1 with the real world. The most detailed one you will get is Denmark, which even has individual trees in the right places (as well as forests). X-Plane can handle it, but only because of 64-bit and hardware instancing (The ability to render thousands of objects of the same type in one call). 

Hope you're (and others in the US) are having a good thanksgiving.

Yep, basically at high settings you are seeing every single building, street and forest exactly where it is in real life with approximately the correct type (high density, mid, low, industrial). My pro sceneries are all like this and are meant to be a 1 to 1 with the real world. The most detailed one you will get is Denmark, which even has individual trees in the right places (as well as forests). X-Plane can handle it, but only because of 64-bit and hardware instancing (The ability to render thousands of objects of the same type in one call). 

Hope you're (and others in the US) are having a good thanksgiving.

Wow, Tony....just wow...and I am just uploading shots out of your Massachusetts Pro, in learning 'copter maneuvers and control. 

Screenshot Forum, just now...

Check your creation out ,in usage...and I hope you enjoy the shots....for I sure am in taking them!!!

Shots dedicated to Tonywob...each and every one! :)

Well, I finally had a safe landing...:)

Left click the pic once, and if you want even larger detail, left click again.  

The first pic enlarged to max, is my favorite, with the lake in the foreground, etc.

=====================================================================

S76_offshore_15.png

S76_offshore_16.png

S76_offshore_17.png

S76_offshore_18.png

S76_offshore_19.png

S76_offshore_20.png

S76_offshore_21.png

S76_offshore_22.png

S76_offshore_23.png

S76_offshore_24.png

S76_offshore_25.png