Sign in to follow this  
kierano

Poor FPS in the Aerosoft Airbus in v3.

Is anybody else suffering MAJOR FPS loss with the Aerosoft Airbus' in P3dv3? I can get a comfortable 30fps (locked at 30) with default a/c sat at UK2000 Heathrow Xtreme with ASN, FTX, Vector, Open LC and a decent level of UT2 traffic, but the minute I switch the a/c to the 'bus I am down to 7-10 FPS.  This surely can't be right?! I was using it in FSX with little issue, but it's literally ruining my P3d experience

Mathias over at aerosoft has alluded it being something to do with the weather radar constantly scanning, rather than importing directly from the weather engine. They have said that they are not going to be fixing the fps issue as it's "only affecting a few users and not the majority". I'd argue that most are experiencing issues. It's painful trying to fly anywhere with such poor fps.

Mathias over at aerosoft has alluded it being something to do with the weather radar constantly scanning, rather than importing directly from the weather engine. They have said that they are not going to be fixing the fps issue as it's "only affecting a few users and not the majority". I'd argue that most are experiencing issues. It's painful trying to fly anywhere with such poor fps.

That's a shame.  I was tempted to buy it.  I'll stick with the Extended which runs faultlessly. 

I fly two aircraft all the time in P3D, the Majestic Q400 and the Airbus A 318-321.  The q400 which is about the same as default aircraft gives me an average of around 32FPS/  The Airbus average ( and these are all on flights of about 2 hours) gives me anywhere between 24-30 FPS.  Are you certain you have the latest version for P3D V3,  3.1 and used the installer?  I know two other users that have the Airbus, and none experience FPS problems. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

No problems with the Aerosoft Airbus here. Getting excellent performance. Better than the PMDGs, little worse than the Majestic Q400. Just as it has been in Prepar3d v2.

• Upvote 1

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Same here. Performance is superb, always around the 60fps mark.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Same here. Performance is superb, always around the 60fps mark.

I'm planning on building a new system what do you have to achieve 60fps? I would like to build the same as you, I've got a $5000 budget.

Thanks for your help.

Sean Green

None of the guys at OVPA have any FPS issues with the Aerosoft Airbus.  In fact, on our stream yesterday, the copilot of the Airbus was running a Pentium 4 computer (Dual Processor at I believe 2.3Ghz) and while he did have to turn his scenery down he's had no problems at all with frame rates with the Aerosoft Airbus.

Most of the other guys run higher end i7 processors with 700 series NVIDIA cards and above.

One thing that might make a difference is to use the NVIDIA Inspector settings recommended in the AVSIM FSX/P3D Setup Guide (located at the right side of any AVSIM webpage.

I hope this has been helpful!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Good to hear that. I will try to reinstall the acft because with other complex acfts there´s no FPS issue.

Happy to help!  If you continue to have problems, I recommend making a post over on the Aerosoft Support forums.  Don't overlook NVIDIA Inspector settings, if you're not using them I can tell you they make all the difference.

Best wishes and happy flights!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I'm planning on building a new system what do you have to achieve 60fps? I would like to build the same as you, I've got a $5000 budget.

Thanks for your help.

Core i7 4790K 4.6GHz, DDR3 2.4GHz RAM, GTX980 and only SSDs.

I run P3D V3 with Windows 8.1 with no addons like ATC/AI Traffic/GSX or Couatl 'things'. I only fly online, so i don't need traffic.

It's easy to attain 60fps (vsync + triple buffering) on the Airbus even with cloudy skies like this, the main problem arises with older airports which are not optimized. I get more FPS in Sydney than in Munich and Sydney is a far larger airport.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I have version 3.0.1 installed, which I only downloaded a couple of days ago. Has there been any newer versions than this?