Sign in to follow this  
kierano

Poor FPS in the Aerosoft Airbus in v3.

I have version 3.0.1 installed, which I only downloaded a couple of days ago. Has there been any newer versions than this?

No that is the latest. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Hello folks !

The problem seems to come from the external weather engine like Active Sky Next with a particular cloud coverage.

I took off from CYUL - Montreal (Fly Tampa scenery) with the Airbus A319 with ASN with no cloud at all and got solid 30-40 fps.

Once I have arrive at Philadelphia, with a solid cloud coverage and rainy precipitation, my fps drop to 6-10. I have deactivated ASN and my FPS increased instantly to 30-40 fps.

No matter the weather radar was on or off.

Cheers,

Francis Thérien

Hello folks !

The problem seems to come from the external weather engine like Active Sky Next with a particular cloud coverage.

I took off from CYUL - Montreal (Fly Tampa scenery) with the Airbus A319 with ASN with no cloud at all and got solid 30-40 fps.

Once I have arrive at Philadelphia, with a solid cloud coverage and rainy precipitation, my fps drop to 6-10. I have deactivated ASN and my FPS increased instantly to 30-40 fps.

No matter the weather radar was on or off.

Cheers,

Francis Thérien

Same here. Try turn off volumetric fog, see if it helps.

CPU Intel Core i9 13900K, GPU :RTX 4090 FE, RAM : Corsair Vengeance DDR5 32GB@6000MHz, SSD : Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe M2, Monitor : Asus PG42 UQ

Yeah disable the weather radar. I was getting stutters when I was on my approach to KSFO HD last night and I shut the thing off. Smooth ride ever since. I only turn it on to see if there's a major storm brewing ahead.

This is happening to me too...low fps with the bus.  Funny thing though, if I pause the sim with bus loaded, the FPS jump to 30+.  But, as soon as I un-pause, the FPS drop again to about 15.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Yeah disable the weather radar. I was getting stutters when I was on my approach to KSFO HD last night and I shut the thing off. Smooth ride ever since. I only turn it on to see if there's a major storm brewing ahead.

How disable the weather radar ?

i7-10700k 5,1 GHz - 18 GB RAM - ASUS 1080Ti  - Dell G-Sync Monitor

Yeah I have the same problem and I have tried the turning off weather background scan in the ini file mentioned on Aerosoft forums. But the problem seems to be the clouds and bad weather. Not sure how to get around this. Except reducing cloud pixels and I guess putting the size down to 512 from 1024.

My FPS in the Airbus last night was jumping all around from 30 to 6 flying from SFO to SAN.

As soon as I turn off ASN it locks at 30. I've tried reducing ASN settings down but to no avail. Sucks the Aerosoft Airbus was the smoothest FPS aircraft I had in FSX.

And yes I'm running 4xSGSS but any lower settings and the jaggyness is bad.

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

I've never had an FPS issue with the Bus. I only fly with ASN, and even in the clouds I get around 30 fps.

The only difference might be that I haven't yet updated to P3D 3.2, I'm still at v3.1.

How disable the weather radar ?

Well, how did you turn on weather radar for the A321? It would be the same way to turn it off..

I don't think my issue is with ASN.  For me, it is something inside the bus cockpit.  I lowered the WX radar scan but I guess I should try turning it off.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

leefree, on 22 Mar 2016 - 11:41 AM, said:

Well, how did you turn on weather radar for the A321? It would be the same way to turn it off..

Check Aerosoft Forum there is a post about turning off the background scan in one of the .ini files.

Dreamflight767, on 24 Mar 2016 - 12:09 AM, said:

I don't think my issue is with ASN. For me, it is something inside the bus cockpit. I lowered the WX radar scan but I guess I should try turning it off.

I did the same thing but its all been the clouds. The FPS hit in the VC is only like -5 FPS at most. VC is not complex textures. In FSX the Airbus was my best FPS aircraft except at Heathrow for AI reasons.

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Check Aerosoft Forum there is a post about turning off the background scan in one of the .ini files.

I did the same thing but its all been the clouds. The FPS hit in the VC is only like -5 FPS at most. VC is not complex textures. In FSX the Airbus was my best FPS aircraft except at Heathrow for AI reasons.

Interesting.  Does that mean the issue is with REX?  That said,  when I use "spot view" my FPS jump up to 30.  I've done a little trouble shooting and found no change with or without ASN.

In other words, with or without ASN when inside the cockpit I get 15-18 fps with the changes to the WX radar ini and or turning the WX radar on/off.  Also, with or without ASN using spot view on the buses, or putting the sim on pause, my fps jumps to 27-30 fps. 

I tried to fly out of LGA yesterday, forget it.

Aaron Ortega

Unfortunately that was the norm for me. 18 fps in VC and then 30 outside. Flying out of LGA or JFK I would have to really limit the AI. But should still be ok especially once airborne. That was FSX though. P3D has been much better well until I ran into the heavy cloud situations. Sitting at Heathrow gave me about 24 FPS at the lowest in the VC.

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

I'm in this boat also, performance of the Airbus has gone to hell in 3.2.

Unfortunately that was the norm for me. 18 fps in VC and then 30 outside. Flying out of LGA or JFK I would have to really limit the AI. But should still be ok especially once airborne. That was FSX though. P3D has been much better well until I ran into the heavy cloud situations. Sitting at Heathrow gave me about 24 FPS at the lowest in the VC.

You must have a better computer then me.  I'm not impressed with the P3D V3.2 FPS at all in add-on aircraft.  The -8 I also get pretty low FPS.  I was thinking of making a full switch from FSX SE, but can't image trying to run my PMDG in P3D.

Aaron Ortega