Sign in to follow this  
Jernite

FSX AutoSave cannot install

Agree with Ray. All that the external Autosave program is doing is sending a SimConnect call to FSX to save the flight, same as FSUIPC. If you are having lag it is likely caused by an add-on aircraft (the PMDG 777 seems to be the most common) or an anti-virus utility on your computer.

Cheers!

Luke

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

Jernite,

Firstly, there is no need to install a 3rd party autosave utility. If you have a registered version of FSUIPC4 then make sure it's the latest version. v4.948. Download and install from this link. http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/

I suggest you uninstall FSX Autosave v1.0.4. It's doing the same thing as FSUIPC4. You can configure the autosave feature in that to save every minute if you wish but 5 or 10 minute intervals is probably better. It's even possible you already have the autosave configured in FSUIPC and the reason for the 'lagging' is because it's running at the same time as the external autosave program.

You won't get a reply from Pete as he's away on holiday until 7 December. But I couldn't see any message from you on his forum anyway unless you have a different username than here.

Very good morning dear RAY,

Already removed the autosave only thing is FSUIPC 4.947 i will try the last version and i will get back to you soon.

Thank you very much

Still the same issue dear,

Right now i'm heading to Cape Town with PMDG 777, AutoSave selected into FSUIPC the las mentioned version.

The problem still exists, i count down the time was about 7 seconds of lagging, for info my FPS is good always more than 30FPS.

Agree with Ray. All that the external Autosave program is doing is sending a SimConnect call to FSX to save the flight, same as FSUIPC. If you are having lag it is likely caused by an add-on aircraft (the PMDG 777 seems to be the most common) or an anti-virus utility on your computer.

Cheers!

Luke

Mr.Luke Good day & weekend,

I got windows 10 x64 FSX with acceleration, the matter is the lag taking long time, to override.

I'm totally agree that FSUIPC is smooth tool, but the issue unknown, i've checked the event viewer there is nothing mentioned

connected to the matter.

Regards,

Hi, Jernite,

7 seconds seems like a long time for FSUIPC's Autosave function to cause an interruption.

A couple of thoughts and questions:

1) If you change how frequently Autosave saves your flight -- from say once every minute to once every three minutes -- do you see a change in how often the pauses happen?  If not, then the problem is somewhere else.

2) As Luke suggested, it could be your antivirus program  There should be a way to stop it from scanning ALL FSX files when they are active in memory (in Norton it's called "Realtime Exclusions").

3) Have you tried reducing your scenery settings (moving sliders more to left)? 

I fly the PMDG 777 a lot, but the stutters I get are usually on short final when the scenery load becomes heavy.  I have FSUIPC Autosave set to every 2 minutes, and I am not seeing a recurring two minute pause or stutter.

Edit:

Another thing that occurs to me:  It's possible the folders where Autosave saves the files are getting very full with saved files.  For the PMDG aircraft it saves some files in FSX\PMDG\777X [OR OTHER PMDG AIRCRAFT NAME]\PanelState folder.  Take a look in there -- if there are many, many files that start w/ "Autosave" you can delete the older ones.

You may need to activate a function called "alsomanage".  It's explained in the FSUIPC documentation, I believe in the advanced users guide.  It will manage the special PMDG autosave files the same way it manages (i.e. deletes after awhile) the FSX saved flight files.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hi, Jernite,

7 seconds seems like a long time for FSUIPC's Autosave function to cause an interruption.

A couple of thoughts and questions:

1) If you change how frequently Autosave saves your flight -- from say once every minute to once every three minutes -- do you see a change in how often the pauses happen?  If not, then the problem is somewhere else.

2) As Luke suggested, it could be your antivirus program  There should be a way to stop it from scanning ALL FSX files when they are active in memory (in Norton it's called "Realtime Exclusions").

3) Have you tried reducing your scenery settings (moving sliders more to left)? 

I fly the PMDG 777 a lot, but the stutters I get are usually on short final when the scenery load becomes heavy.  I have FSUIPC Autosave set to every 2 minutes, and I am not seeing a recurring two minute pause or stutter.

Edit:

Another thing that occurs to me:  It's possible the folders where Autosave saves the files are getting very full with saved files.  For the PMDG aircraft it saves some files in FSX\PMDG\777X [OR OTHER PMDG AIRCRAFT NAME]\PanelState folder.  Take a look in there -- if there are many, many files that start w/ "Autosave" you can delete the older ones.

You may need to activate a function called "alsomanage".  It's explained in the FSUIPC documentation, I believe in the advanced users guide.  It will manage the special PMDG autosave files the same way it manages (i.e. deletes after awhile) the FSX saved flight files.

Mike

Hello dear Mike

Thanks for your time,

i've tried 10 mintues (600s) the same problem, i've looked for autosave addon nothing exists that's mean, only FSUIPC preform the auto save operation.

for the 1st suggestion the same duration for all periods

2nd i don't have an antivirus installed on the computer of FSX

3rd i use autosave only while in air disabled on ground, furthermore the issue exist wherever.

4th AlsoManage technical added but no result still the same problem.

A file generated at each autosave extension WX (weather) i use ASN for the weather, it could be the reason maybe ?

Thanks

Hi Jernite,

There are 3 files saved with each autosave. FLT, WX and one other I can't recall.

Try switching to the default 737-800. Take off and manually fly for 5 minutes. If the problem remains then we can eliminate the PMDG777.

This has to be something on your system since no-one else is reporting this problem.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Jernite

Go back to the FSUIPC FAQ section a posted fix is in there - it is caused by the overzealous windows defender software that is always on and cannot be turned off easily

The fix is to exclude the fsx process exe. It will also exclude all associated files created by the sim or FSUIPC from being auto scanned

Hope this helps

Jernite

Go back to the FSUIPC FAQ section a posted fix is in there - it is caused by the overzealous windows defender software that is always on and cannot be turned off easily

The fix is to exclude the fsx process exe. It will also exclude all associated files created by the sim or FSUIPC from being auto scanned

Hope this helps

Hello sir,

Just adding all the folders into exclusion within the default windows defender right now seems 2 sec maximum of lagging ,

1 last step missing to finish the matter ahahaha

Thank you.

Dear Ray i m on approach phase at Cape town after landing i will get back to you

This has to be something on your system since no-one else is reporting this problem.

FWIW, our ACARS software has an autosave timer using FSUIPC and we (as well as numerous folks on Pete's forum) appear to have encountered the problem, especially with the PMDG777.

It's relatively common in my experience.

Cheers!

Luke

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

FWIW, our ACARS software has an autosave timer using FSUIPC and we (as well as numerous folks on Pete's forum) appear to have encountered the problem, especially with the PMDG777.

It's relatively common in my experience.

Cheers!

Luke

Fair enough. I don't have the PMDG777 so hard for me to understand the problem. Pete doesn't either.

Once jernite lands and can try the default 737 (or 777) that should give a clue at least.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Jernite,

There are 3 files saved with each autosave. FLT, WX and one other I can't recall.

Try switching to the default 737-800. Take off and manually fly for 5 minutes. If the problem remains then we can eliminate the PMDG777.

Great deal Ray

With standard B737-800 default no lag at ll tried 3 minutes, 3 files saved without occurred of the lag .

I think something with pro aircraft is the problem , i've tried a320 Aerosoft the same problem as PMDG 777 1-2 sec of lag

A320 standard tested no errors, only professional airplanes

Hi Jernite,

There lies your problem. Not FSUIPC but all the extra info that has to be saved. Interestingly I have the FSLabs' Concorde-X which is at least as complex as the PMDG777 but I don't notice any lag when autosaves are performed

Certainly mention it to Pete Dowson on his forum and say it's fine with default aircraft. Not sure what can be done really. Aircraft are becoming too complex!

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I think (and this is just a guess) that the problem lies with an erroneous assumption on the part of add-on makers. They assume that flights are going to be saved manually by the user.

When you save manually, FS puts up a dialog and pauses. The flight is going to be delayed for at least a few seconds, and in that context an extra second or so doesn't make a difference. Your attention has already been distracted by the dialog. However, with a background autosave, that's no longer the case. The flight is being saved in the background without user triggering (or even awareness) and that 500-2500ms pause is very noticeable.

I suspect that add-on makers could offload some of the processing to a separate thread or process which would prevent the blocking within FS. The hoops required to jump through for that, on the other hand, might not make it worth it.

But from a user point, a plane that pauses for 2-3 seconds when autosave is enabled is "broken" and customers should complain to the author. No matter how realistic or unique, a simulator add-on should play nice with other common parts of the ecosystem.

Cheers!

Luke

• Upvote 1

Luke Kolin

Dear Ray,

I'm totally agree with Luke technical explanation, when this operation done manually the user has to wait until the save done maybe more than 2-3 seconds, but with the option included in FSUIPC it's better than manually also to be sure to resume the flight in case of FS crash, the main problem we're simulating here, from my real life experience i can't accept any freeze if i get more than 3 or 4 i close the simulator.

I will try to configure out a solution with Pete, in the future.

Thank you for your high spirit and support, my pleasure to get in touch with you.

I'm not sure how Pete can help you. He's just telling the sim to save. Everything from there is the responsibility / fault of the add-on maker.

Cheers!

Luke

Luke Kolin