Sign in to follow this  
BudderBall

Love for the MD-11

PMDG, I know you have said numerous times that you have ditched the MD-11, but as I can see, with these new platforms coming out, and the community showing more and more interest in it as time goes on, it may be wise to re-do or update her, Some texture updates and integration of systems from other products and you're good. Personally, I own FSX:SE and have the 737 NGX and 777, I again, would love to see this blast from the past return, reborn. but sadly, there is just no love for the MD-11. I wish you could make us eat these words. I know many simmers will back me up on this when I say, We Love the MD-11, and We Want Her Back!

-Sincerely,

A Proud Supporter of PMDG and its products,

BudderBall

• Upvote 6

True but the time it would take to do & release a tiny service pack is... years... Would you bother?

It is still up to date and version-2 is not required, a required is a cosmetic/visual update with few systems related features packaged to a service pack. I found a refreshing VC repaint on avsim.ru so I'm alright the way it is.

Here here.  The MD-11 is by far the coolest heavy out there. I wish PMDG would forget about corporate money side of things and spend some time to get the MD cleaned up. Remember the passion for this hobby PMDG.......

The love for the MD-11 is strong... The guys that have that love are busy flying it and not playing around in forums. FYI.

PMDG, I know you have said numerous times that you have ditched the MD-11, but as I can see, with these new platforms coming out, and the community showing more and more interest in it as time goes on, it may be wise to re-do or update her, Some texture updates and integration of systems from other products and you're good. Personally, I own FSX:SE and have the 737 NGX and 777, I again, would love to see this blast from the past return, reborn. but sadly, there is just no love for the MD-11. I wish you could make us eat these words. I know many simmers will back me up on this when I say, We Love the MD-11, and We Want Her Back!

-Sincerely,

A Proud Supporter of PMDG and its products,

BudderBall

Yorik C

• Upvote 1

I live in Australia.

We do not have MD-11's.

We do have a daily FDX and UPS MD-11 movement through Sydney.

I have the PDMG 737, 747, 777, iFly 737, 747, Aerosoft A318 through A321, Level D 767 but all I fly, every day, year in, year out, is my MD-11.

I think it is the best add on ever done. I know it intimately. According to my FSX log, I have done 1,874 hrs in it.

Can't you guys throw a charitable one (be a good sport) and just do a little VC texture update and share some love?

Please!

M W Wagener

Sydney Australia

• Upvote 3

Holy thread revival!

If you really were proud supporters of PMDG, you all would include your full real names in your posts.   :P

I love my MD11 like mad, but still I have to accept that time goes on.

Thats the Way!!

178ed8a6-5ac5-45fb-9c59-fa3b8f0a3638_zps

Robert has said time and time again, PMDG will make another version of the MD-11 as soon as I win the lottery and write him a check for at least $500,000 dollars.

So I'm working on it...it may take a little time though :p0805:

• Upvote 2

Chris Sunseri

I'm still gutted. Most are using P3D now as It is the future. An MD-11 with DX11 graphics would be mind-boggling.

Dave Taylor gb.png

PMDG have maintained that the MD-11 didn't achieve the sales they were hoping for.  They have always maintained it is unlikely they will revisit this.  I am also inclined to think that this is a shame, it was an interesting aircraft.

• Upvote 1

Ian R Tyldesley

I'm still gutted. Most are using P3D now as It is the future. An MD-11 with DX11 graphics would be mind-boggling.

Most is probably an exaggeration. At my VA most people are still using FSX. Sadly the MD-11 has been declared obsolete by PMDG and there never will be a P3D version. If people enjoy flyng the MD-11 then they can always keep FSX installed, same as I keep FS9 installed for a few old favourites that don't work in FSX.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I would like to order three of those.

Oh, and I really   H A T E   Photoshop!!! :lol:

Ollie see the post above...you just got called a moron!!!

• Upvote 1

Chris Sunseri

Oh wait a minute!! How about a cut out of the MD-11 that comes with the 777 P3D version? So when you're flying the 777 you hold up the MD-11 and viola!!! MD-11 for P3D and for about $1.25 lmao. Yeah I miss the MD-11 also, but maybe just maybe one day PMDG will redo the MD-11 once pinlifter wins the freaking lotto. Hey pinlifter....why you haven't bought that winning lotto ticket yet?

Mod note for observant people:

Removed some trolling, and the posts of responses to said trolling.

Pro Tip:

If you're trying to get someone to do something, be nice about it. Being a [choice word] about it does the exact opposite of what you're looking for.

• Upvote 2

Kyle Rodgers

True but the time it would take to do & release a tiny service pack is... years... Would you bother?

It is still up to date and version-2 is not required, a required is a cosmetic/visual update with few systems related features packaged to a service pack. I found a refreshing VC repaint on avsim.ru so I'm alright the way it is.

Could you link to the VC repaint please? Would be greatly appreciated!

Sascha