Sign in to follow this  
BudderBall

Love for the MD-11

Could you link to the VC repaint please? Would be greatly appreciated!

Sascha

Worth noting that such a thing is in violation of the EULA.

Full names - first and last - in the forum, please.

Kyle Rodgers

Could you link to the VC repaint please? Would be greatly appreciated!

Sascha

If I had a link I could probably sell it at $50 a pop but all I have seen are the images of it in this Forum. There is no link. If you want the VC refreshed, I am afraid you are going to need to do it yourself and for yourself only. 

@ Yorik - lol greed and personal interests were not cured even under the communism system lol ;-) with perhaps a brief exception during extreme collectivism under Stalin and Khrushchev in the 30s thru 50s -))))

As for the link, just google PMDG MD-11 VC repaint and it will take you to avsim.su download page. To me personally, I had a legal purchased product and it was up to me what to do with it (keeping in mind private/personal use of course).

As for the link, just google PMDG MD-11 VC repaint and it will take you to avsim.su download page. To me personally, I had a legal purchased product and it was up to me what to do with it (keeping in mind private/personal use of course).

We are talking about different repaint/update. The one I referred was discussed on this forum several years ago by many members and had screenshots. The gentleman who did the update never released it because of the EULA. The one you are writing about appears to be at a Russian site. Even switched to the English version, the site still contains a lot of the Russian language which is way over my head.

Worth noting that such a thing is in violation of the EULA.

Full names - first and last - in the forum, please.

Apologies, I rarely visit this forum. My name is Sascha Rieger.

Pro Tip:

If you're trying to get someone to do something, be nice about it. Being a [choice word] about it does the exact opposite of what you're looking for.

Wait a minute, do I here an alternate formulation of "Just be very very (as in 'extremely') nice about it, and then (maybe) we will do what you ask" ?!

Honestly, I said goodbye to the MD-11 several months ago, understanding that this project would enter the history books as a monumental failure.

So is your post really meant to bring a spark to our hopes? Or just a way to play with our emotions?  :P

Wait a minute, do I here an alternate formulation of "Just be very very (as in 'extremely') nice about it, and then (maybe) we will do what you ask" ?!

Honestly, I said goodbye to the MD-11 several months ago, understanding that this project would enter the history books as a monumental failure.

So is your post really meant to bring a spark to our hopes? Or just a way to play with our emotions?  :P

haha - nope. Just making light of the social construct. It's not going to happen, but trying to get it to happen by being rude and abrasive is not just futile, it's just...well...hilarious.

Kyle Rodgers

Came across this thread today.  I thought I could leave FSX behind, but I now have FSX-SE reinstalled, just so I can fly my favorites which include the PMDG MD-11.  I was actually looking to see if there are recent report of OOM issue but gladly I found none.  Compared to the NGX and 777 the MD-11 is quite efficient in memory consumption, which makes it enjoyable without fear in FSX.  There is just something about this bird that keep me interested, much more than the 777 for me.  As for the future of P3D, after 500 dollar spent on re-purchase the core sim, NGX and 777 and other bits and bobs, I am still not sure if the extra investment was a wise choice.  After all, it's the bird you fly that is the objective.  Viva PMDG MD-11 and thanks PMDG for all the fishes, but I am still here.  Looking forward to enjoy this bird again.

• Upvote 2

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Hi Folks,

I think that MD11 still is one of the best airliner moldeled ....with nice FDE (Flight Dynamics Engine ).

As said  above " the time goes on "...I agree with this...but some things remains forever....one of them is The Awesome MD 11.....

The main market in Flight Simulator World is populated mainly with older simmers like me ( since 1990 ) .....and lot of former and active real pilots like me too.

So Guys, MD11 deserves a special attention.....It Looks nice....Flys wonderfully.....and even PMDG MD11 has a lot of to offer.

Marco Aurelio

• Upvote 2

I would quite happily pay full price again for a P3D version. I'd even match (to me unaffordable) price of the current PMDG 777, for one.

• Upvote 2

Dave Taylor gb.png

Let´s hope PMDG will not do the same with the MD-11 as Level D done with the B767...

Do not let the MD-11 die!

Thanks,

Milton Pais

• Upvote 1