Sign in to follow this  
Caribpilot

CTD GNS530/430

Hi,

I recently encountered an issue with my GNS530/430. It worked flawlessly up until a few days ago when I started to have some issues entering my flightplan. After typing in a waypoint (Let's say TAB) and clicking ENT, the waypoint is identified as Crown Point NDB, when I press ENT again nothing happens. WHen I checked the FPL page, the waypoint was not entered at all. I tried to re-enter the waypoint using the same method but Just to be sure, I pushed the ENT key one more time and sure enough, nothing happens.

When I push the FPL key, I see that my waypoint is entered twice. So now I have to enter all my waypoints in this manner by entering the flightplan and deleting duplicated waypoints.

My new issue is that when I reach to the point of identifying the waypoint, when I push the ENT key, my sim freezed up and there is a CTD. I would surely appreciate some help in solving this issue.

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

So it worked flawlessly, and then suddenly no longer works. You have made changes to your system... new addon, deleted something?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I haven't deleted anything that should have caused this issue and the only addons I've really added were scenery products. The last time I used it with no issue was with the A2A Cherokee but just out of the blue I started having this issue. Even after running the installer over again the issue remains.

By the way, will the G430/530 receive any further updates or features?

Contact us via our support email and request a live support session.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I will try to do a complete reinstallation of the product just to be sure. If the problem still exist, I will send an email to support. Thanks.

Update:

I no longer have the CTD, but when entering the WPTs and confirming them, the page does not revert back to the Active Flight Plan page. I have to manually click the FPL button to go back to the Active Flight Plan page. If I keep on clicking ENT, the waypoint is simply duplicated.

How old is your downloaded installer?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

So, you can't tell me when you downloaded it?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Ok... I'll see if I can duplicate this with the latest download.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I just tried the new 0010 version and I am still getting a CTD. However, I did notice that when uninstalling the previous version, I got this error message and I also got it when uninstalling v.0010.

Error.jpg

Ok... there's something significantly wrong with your system. I can not help you any further in the forums, you're going to have to request support via our email.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69