Sign in to follow this  
signmanbob

Majestic Dash8 Q400 Pro On Sale This Wednesday!

From their Facebook page:

"Well the Boss has made it official - that after 5 years of the Q400 PRO being in development, we plan on releasing this long awaited BEAST on the 18th of November (PROVIDING that there are not any last minute hang-ups)."

https://www.facebook.com/Majestic-Software-Dash-8-Q400-249628718485404/

Sharpen up your credit cards!

12239488_873075952807341_692829017629701

• Upvote 1

Very good Robert.  Plenty of goodies in there everyone

Some of the other features to be expected are :
1. ASN weather radar integration
2. Service based failures
3. System Panel functions allowing the failures of the Electrical and hydraulic systems
4. HUD/HGS system integration
5. Autopilot Touch Control Steering
6. Alternate Gear Extension
7. 2D Panels
8. Panel State Options
9. Flight Control Optimization
10. Working Circuit Breaker Simulation
11. FMS ETP/PNR Functionality

I'm wondering how much of an impact on FPS the new stuff will have--hopefully it will maintain its stellar frame rate performance.

From the comments on Facebook it appears the circuit breaker simulation does not negatively impact frame rates as they have not made each breaker its own animatable object.  I can certainly live with that decision.

I'm also hoping the ASN integration makes it less sensitive to icing.  As is, it seems like the Q400 ices over if you carry a Big Gulp on board.  Not really a gripe and maybe the real thing is that sensitive, but I've flown through plenty of areas where I know the air is cold but dry and it nonetheless ices over.

Richard P. Kelly

Love the plane and cant wait for the upgrade. My only wish (mainly because I am lazy) was if you could import the flight plan like in other planes from PFPX. Yeah I know I am lazy :)

• Upvote 1

From EGFF to YSSY

Love the plane and cant wait for the upgrade. My only wish (mainly because I am lazy) was if you could import the flight plan like in other planes from PFPX. Yeah I know I am lazy :)

This don't bother me too much as long as I can save my flightplans.  I don't mind putting them in the CDU one time.

I'm really looking forward to picking up this upgrade.  I'm probably more excited about this one than most any other.  I really love this Dash.

I can't wait to try out the HUD.

This don't bother me too much as long as I can save my flightplans.  I don't mind putting them in the CDU one time.

I'm really looking forward to picking up this upgrade.  I'm probably more excited about this one than most any other.  I really love this Dash.

I can't wait to try out the HUD.

I like the plane too much to not use it but yeah lazy here :)

From EGFF to YSSY

Hi! Folks,

I received e-mail from JustFlight now about upgrade Pilot Edition to Pro Edition:

Majestic Software Dash 8 Q400 - upgrade to PRO Edition

The new PRO Edition of the Majestic Software Dash 8 Q400 will be released tomorrow - Wednesday 18 November.

As you bought the original PILOT Edition from Just Flight, we thought we'd let you know in advance that it will be possible to upgrade to the PRO Edition for the difference in price between the two Editions (£20 / €25 / $30) rather than the full price of the PRO Edition.

JL

http://www.justflight.com/q400-upgrade

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

I received my notice from Just Flight as well. A big "Thank You" to JF and to Majestic, for making such an incredible offer.

It is going to be a long weekend, with tons of reading, and test driving the Q400 Pro.

Regards, Craig

I received my notice from Just Flight as well. A big "Thank You" to JF and to Majestic, for making such an incredible offer.

It is going to be a long weekend, with tons of reading, and test driving the Q400 Pro.

Regards, Craig

+1

The upgrade offer from Majestic is really generous. Initially, I had no plans to upgrade, but for just €25 I will certainly upgrade just to support Majestic. The Q400 is really great and the team deserves the support from the community!

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Got the email from JustFlight as well; definitely getting the PRO. It is well well well worth the upgrade price and a very generous offer from Majestic. Thank you MJC!

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

My only wish (mainly because I am lazy) was if you could import the flight plan like in other planes from PFPX. Yeah I know I am lazy :)

PFPX .PLNs can be exported to the Q400 navigation db with IF10 Pro and >augmented. However the recent changes to the Q400 file format from 10.016 are covered by the IF10 beta Preview versions available only from the codelegend forum. The recent changes to the Q400 file format may have made it a little easier for third party software to format plan files, but to export fully featured plans for the Q400 requires manipulation of the nav db. It would be good to see others supporting the MJC Dash 8 FMC, but so far I believe only IF10 manages it.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

The price for the update to the Pro REALLY speaks to how Majestic treats their customers!  I've been flying the Pro for 5 years and I have to tell you that HONESTLY it would have been worth every penny of paying full price.

Nobody treats customers better than Majestic, and this aircraft is absolutely, 100%, off the charts INCREDIBLE.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.