Sign in to follow this  
signmanbob

Majestic Dash8 Q400 Pro On Sale This Wednesday!

Just got my upgrade e-mail from PC Aviator. It's only $25 to upgrade, but the upgrade price ends January 31, 2016. Plenty of time to decide I suppose, but still waiting on performance reports. All the extra stuff must have some kind of hit on performance... question is how much. 

Just got my upgrade e-mail from PC Aviator. It's only $25 to upgrade, but the upgrade price ends January 31, 2016. Plenty of time to decide I suppose, but still waiting on performance reports. All the extra stuff must have some kind of hit on performance... question is how much. 

Go get it.

Member of our test group flew the Dash 8 Q400 Professional with a Pentium 4 Dual Processor at 2.3Ghz and a 600 series NVIDIA Card. Worked fine, although he had to turn his scenery down.

Not sure what your rig is (sort of important when looking into performance of software), but I'd bet it's no worse that the Pentium 4.  I flew the Pro several years ago on an i7-920, 930 and 960 and later on an i7-4770K.

All reports from the user community is that it's exceptionally frame rate friendly. I second that.

Hope you've found this helpful.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Well, I can say she is still pretty light on the frame hit. I just finished a flight from FT Montreal to FT Toronto-Pearson, with overcast skies, and rain at Pearson. (MYT6 @15 %.)

And my frames were hovering around 25 -27 on approach, through touchdown. Pretty dang good. if you ask me. In P3d v2.5, this same flight would have resulted in an OOM.

The new controller interface, is amazing, to say the least. Makes my crappy saitek yoke behave "normally". If that makes any sense. Go pick her up, and give her a whirl.

You will not regret it. She's my vote for best addon.

Cheers, Craig

Nobody treats customers better than Majestic, and this aircraft is absolutely, 100%, off the charts INCREDIBLE.

Couldn't agree more, a lot of developers could learn from Majestic's approach of a quality product (that is accurate, in-depth but doesn't hog resources) at a fair price with good support, without forcing users to buy multiple licences as they transition from FSX to P3D (like many FSX users, I am thinking of moving to P3D in the near term and thus consider how future proof any potential addon purchase is).

I think sales of the Pro edition will be strong because of the accessible pricing; even though I know I'm unlikely to regularly use many pro only features, the ones I will use often are probably worth the upgrade premium. Had it been $15 more expensive or required separate licences for FSX & P3D I would've categorically ruled out upgrading.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Go get it.

Member of our test group flew the Dash 8 Q400 Professional with a Pentium 4 Dual Processor at 2.3Ghz and a 600 series NVIDIA Card. Worked fine, although he had to turn his scenery down.

Not sure what your rig is (sort of important when looking into performance of software), but I'd bet it's no worse that the Pentium 4.  I flew the Pro several years ago on an i7-920, 930 and 960 and later on an i7-4770K.

All reports from the user community is that it's exceptionally frame rate friendly. I second that.

Hope you've found this helpful.

Thanks for the feedback, it's definitely helpful. Good to hear people with older procs are still getting decent performance. My i7-2600k is getting up there in age, but should do fine. Will likely purchase this weekend, when I have time to download it and do a proper flight.

$25 is pretty cheap anyway. I give a lot of respect to Majestic for the way they handled these releases. No cancelled release dates, no over-promising, no premature charging... they always put the horse before the cart, and lived up to their word. Pricing has been damn fair too. They're a very professional developer.  

Thanks for the feedback, it's definitely helpful. Good to hear people with older procs are still getting decent performance. My i7-2600k is getting up there in age, but should do fine. Will likely purchase this weekend, when I have time to download it and do a proper flight.

$25 is pretty cheap anyway. I give a lot of respect to Majestic for the way they handled these releases. No cancelled release dates, no over-promising, no premature charging... they always put the horse before the cart, and lived up to their word. Pricing has been damn fair too. They're a very professional developer.  

Yes sir, I agree.  I could not imagine an i7-2600k not doing exceedingly well with the Dash 8 Q400 Professional.  Should you encounter any issues, feel free to drop us a note over on the Official Majestic Customer Support Forum (on the Majestic website).

Happy flights my friend!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Well, I have Friday off, and didn't have the patience to wait any longer. Upgraded to Pro edition and flew KLAX-KMFR. I am wholly impressed. Performance isn't any different than before. Still got mid to high 30s at FSDT KLAX, and can still fly this bird right into Orbx territory with glassy smoothness. All the new bells and whistles work perfectly (that HUD was really helpful during an IMC approach, ASN integration worked well, and the circuit breakers were a delight to play with) and there's even some new features I really appreciate that weren't mentioned in the specs... engine starts are now compatible with GSX pushback, and there's a helpful pause at TOD option. Majestic has really outdone themselves. I can't think of anything I could possibly criticize. With so much depth in the simulation and such great performance, all I can say is... wow. I echo Dave's sentiments exactly... "Go get it!"  

engine starts are now compatible with GSX pushback, and there's a helpful pause at TOD option

Those were already available with the Pilot version :wink:

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Those were already available with the Pilot version :wink:

Must have missed them on a previous update. :P  Still thoroughly impressed. Even more so with the smoother controls, although figuring that out was kind of a headache. My Windows controller numbers were completely different than the ones recognized by ini file. All working now though, and she's even nicer to fly.  

Same story here: after a while I was able to get this 125 Hz input for ailerons & elevator (failed with the rudder, but who is using them in flight?). I have the TOGA & AP off handled directly from 2 yoke buttons.

This is great!

I also use my MoMo wheel to drive the tiller :)

All these enhancements increase the immersion.

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

I got the smoother controls working now and what a difference!

Anybody want to try out the shared cockpit?

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

(failed with the rudder, but who is using them in flight?)

Crosswind landing ?!

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT