Sign in to follow this  
vietnamsutch

can someone explain how the saitek yoke is suppose to work?

I bought a Saitek pro yoke and pedals. Was looking forward for it to arrive. A week later and it's here :-)

However, I'm now doubting this buy. A minor problem is that the start stop button doesn't do anything. Meaning that my display doesn't work as a stopwatch.

The biggest issue I have is the steering itself. When I steer to the right, i can just let the yoke go back to center but I still keep banking right. If I want to level off, I need to steer left until I'm straight and then move the yoke back to the center. is this how this Yoke works, because in that case I'm better of with my Joystick.

I'm currently programming with LINDA...I might missed something :-(

Ok, dump the Saitek drivers and replace with drivers called SPAD.

Go to youtube (there are others) and watch some on board videos of people flying, and in the real world, you will see that you have to turn the yoke to level out from a turn.

As far as the display is concerned, you have to press the function button first to get the stop watch to display, then the stop start button will work.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60GHz. RAM 32 GB 1 500GB SSD and 1 2TB HDD NVIDIA RTX2080Ti 11GB WATER COOLED

Ok, dump the Saitek drivers and replace with drivers called SPAD.

I think RichD means FSUIPC to control axes, SPAD is only for Saitek Panels, it doesnt control anything from yoke or pedals.

But if your using default assignments in the sim, FSUIPC is a great upgrade to assign controllers, although, like RichD said, it doesnt change anything about having to roll back level manually, an aircraft doesnt steer like a car, where the wheels turns straight ahead when you let go of the steering wheel.

Cheers!

Maarten

That I did.  Thanks for clearing that up.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60GHz. RAM 32 GB 1 500GB SSD and 1 2TB HDD NVIDIA RTX2080Ti 11GB WATER COOLED

Thanks for your quick reply.

I was thinking the same thing about the yoke. In my case if i steer right and over steer, the only way to correct is to turn the yoke all the way to the other side. SO not good!

What the timer is concerned, that button is really defect. I understand how it should work but it doesn't. Also, in LINDA and Microsoft calibration, that button doesn't work.

So in short, I get FSUIPC and with that I can calibrate? Do I need to delete stuff? Just to be clear. I have downloaded the saitek drivers and also software. Plus there was something to make Saitek work with FSX called ProFlight_FSX_Plugin_7_0_40_9_x64_Software.

All tips are welcome because till now it feels like a cold shower.

thanks

Yes, LINDA does only buttons and most use FSUIPC for axes. FSUIPC works much better than default assignments and you can use it to assign and calibrate axes and it can also assign buttons, as long as control assignments are programmed in the sim's default code. LINDA is mostly used for aircraft that use their own control engine, like PMDG, A2A, Majestic, etc, but it can also control default assignments.

I wouldnt install the Saitek software, it assigns of the buttons and it doesnt work very well. And since it does the same thing as LINDA and FSUIPC, you dont need it.

Defects on Saitek products are unfortunatelly quite common, I noticed. I had to return several Saitek products, among which 5 yokes, before I had one that worked properly...

Cheers!

Maarten

Defects on Saitek products are unfortunatelly quite common, I noticed. I had to return several Saitek products, among which 5 yokes, before I had one that worked properly...

Scary, I paid the hefty sum of 350 Euros for the set. It's because the country i live in. Sending something back is not an easy undertaking. Anyway, let's stay optimistic and try to fix this.

In short, delete the software of saitek. Keep the drivers. Calibrate with windows. And figure out how FSUICP works. That last task seem pretty complicated :-)  I spend the last hour reading up. Ill have a look on youtube it there are any tutorials. It's another investment and I wanna make sure it's worth it.

Nothing is going my way. I bought REX Textures and Soft clouds last Saturday. I'm still waiting for my download. I keep visualizing everything working in time for the vatsim event this weekend

Would you agree when I say that it isn't a hardware problem? I was really afraid of that but when I calibrate, the movement of the yoke is followed exactly. So that means, when i move to the left and go a little bit back to the right, the movement is picked up.

You can calibrate in FSUIPC, there's a special tab for it. FSUIPC has a lot of advanced features, but the basics are pretty simple, once you get the hang of it.

Cheers!

Maarten

I really think it's a driver problem.

When RichD said to get rid of the Saitek drivers and use SPAD. He actually meant FSUIPC. But was he talking about drivers?  I heard before not to use the Saitek drivers, but what are my options for other drivers? Anyone Used different drivers for The pro flight Yoke? It's easy to understand why not to use the software, but it would surely need drivers.

Sorry for directing my question to the forum at whole RichD. I do this so everyone feels invited to answer. i don't expect you to be online 24/7, but i would love to hear from you of course :-)

I'm sitting in front of my computer and not leaving till its fixed

Here is the response from Mad Catz

Dear Jan,

Thank you for contacting Mad Catz Europe Technical Support.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with our product.

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you.

Please be advised that based on your description of the issue and the steps taken to solve it we conclude that the product is faulty. Therefore we advise you to contact fpsshop.com and ask for a replacement within warranty or for a refund

If you need any further help, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards,
xxxxxxx

Technical/Customer Support Rep

Just to be clear, this has to do with the Button that doesn't work and the fact that there is no way to program the Yoke. Also no way to get the official drivers installed with getting an error. tried this on 3 different computers.

Anyway, tomorrow a road trip to Bangkok with my PC. If they can get something working...this one or replacement, I'm still interested, otherwise I'll take a refund and go back to my Logitech.